Summer Session Fees:
$19.55 (8-day session)
$13.05 (4-day session)
$26.55 (8-day session)
$17.55 (4-day session)
Lesson Schedules - Summer
Fall/Winter/Spring Session Fees:
$23.55 (6-day session)
$17.55 (4-day session)
$32.55 (6-day session)
$23.55 (4-day session)
Lesson Schedules - Spring
Instructor to student ratio for Otter level
and above is eight (8) swimmers
OTTER (Level 3b) (6-8 yrs)
(Age for Otter class is strictly adhered too)
Pass Duck OR who can perform:
* Enter water by jumping from the side.
* Open eyes underwater and retrieve submerged objects from pool bottom.
* Front and back float without support for 5-10 seconds.
* Front and back glides with kick two body lengths, and recovery to standing position.
* Tread water using arm and leg action for 5-10 seconds.
* Combine rhythmic breathing with leg and arm action on front 15 feet.
* Combine arm and leg action on front and back 15 feet.
* Will learn to jump into deep water, rotary breathing, front and back glides with kick, and change from vertical to horizontal position.
* Lots of repetition on front crawl stroke. Practice makes perfect!
* Once all the skills at the Otter level are mastered, participants will advance to the Turtle class (not Surfer).
TURTLE (Level 3c)
Pass Seahorse OR Otter OR Surfer OR who can perform:
* Feet first entry from the deck.
* Front and back glides with flutter kick two body lengths.
* Swim front crawl with rotary breathing 10 yards and back crawl 10 yards.
* Will learn survival float, butterfly kick and continue to build endurance.
FROG (Level 4a)
Pass Turtle OR who can perform:
* Near perfect freestyle for 15 yards and back crawl for 15 yards.
* Demonstrate butterfly kick 15 yards.
* Perform sitting or kneeling dive.
* Tread water for 30 sec. in deep water.
* Will work on diving from side in compact position and swimming distances of 25 yards or more using the front & back stroke. Will learn sidestroke and elementary backstroke.
FISH (Level 4b)
Pass Frog OR who can perform:
* Front crawl with rotary breathing and back crawl 25 yards.
* Swim sidestroke and elementary backstroke 15 yards.
* Will begin diving from side in stride position and swimming longer distances.
* Will learn breaststroke, butterfly stroke.
PORPOISE (Level 5)
Pass Fish OR can perform:
* 25-50 yards of front and back crawl.
* 15 yards of breaststroke and elementary backstroke.
* 15 yards of butterfly.
* Will be swimming distances of 50 yards or more.
* Will learn flip turns and long shallow dive.
* Will learn surface dives and rescue breathing.
MARLIN (Level 6)
Pass Porpoise OR can perform:
* Swim 50 yards of front and back crawl.
* Swim 25 yards of breaststroke, butterfly and elementary backstroke.
* Tread water and float in deep water for at least two minutes.
* Perform long shallow dive.
* Will work up to swimming 500 yards continuously and perfecting all strokes.
* Will also learn Springboard Diving Fundamentals - forward dive fall from board approach and hurdle, forward jump,forward dive in tuck and pike positions.
SURFER (7-13 yrs)
This is a beginning swimming class for students who have little or no swimming lesson experience.
This class will combine skills of Tadpole, Shrimp, Duck, and Otter classes. Students don’t have to pass Tadpole or Otter to enroll in this class.
* Students will learn to submerge and float.
* After basic skills are mastered, this class will move at its own pace through the various swimming strokes and safety skills.