Per City Code Chapter 44 trash services are provided to covered residences within the City of Chandler for a monthly rate. To get more information about services provided, call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510.
If you are a new resident to Chandler and need to start solid waste services in your name please call Utility Billing at 480-782-3700.
What is a Covered Residence?
Covered residence means the following types of residential units located within the City:
- Single-family homes
- Multiplexes, other than business establishments, with separate garages for each unit that permit curbside collection for each unit.
Chandler residents paying for city-provided solid waste services receive the following:
* To schedule services call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510, Mon. through Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Services CANNOT be scheduled via e-mail.
** Use of the Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center (RSWCC) for waste disposal is restricted to Chandler residents self-hauling and unloading the waste.
Prohibited use of the RSWCC - Non-Chandler residents, individuals and/or commercial entities engaged in completing work on residential properties and/or accompanying a Chandler resident to this facility to dispose of waste for the resident.
Trash Collection Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions: Recycling and Solid Waste - Have a question? The answer may be just a click away!
- Containers must be at the curb by 6 a.m. the day of collection
- Containers cannot be placed out prior to 6 p.m. the day prior to collection
- Containers must be removed from the curb by 9 a.m. the day after collection
- Containers must have lids closed with no protruding objects
- Contents of curbside containers shall not exceed two hundred (200) pounds
- Contents of alley containers shall not exceed six hundred (600) pounds
- Material must be bagged and tied in trash container
- Dirt and rock*
- Household construction and demolition debris*
- Liquid Waste
- Hazardous Waste (includes paint, varnish, pool chemicals, gasoline, and other household hazardous material)**
- Batteries, other than small alkaline batteries**
- Medical Waste
- Vehicle bodies
- Ammunition (contact Police Department
- Scrap Metal*
- Livestock or dead domestic (Animals under 75 can be hauled to Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center)
- Septic tank pumpings
Back to Solid Waste Services Home Page