The City Planners strive to promote the community's development with a high quality of life through professional planning strategies, collaboration with members of the community, and serving as the liaison to the Commissions and Boards appointed by the Mayor and Council.
PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO CHANDLER'S SIGN REGULATIONS
The City of Chandler is amending its sign regulations in response to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision last year in Reed vs. Town of Gilbert. To paraphrase the court's decision, it is unconstitutional for municipalities to regulate signs differently based on what the sign says. As such, the City of Chandler is in the process of amending its Sign Code, Chapter 39 of the City of Chandler Code, to be content-neutral.
Draft revisions are available below for review as well as a link to a survey to provide feedback.
1. REVIEW THE PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO THE SIGN CODE
2. TAKE THE SURVEY AND PROVIDE FEEDBACK
- Survey (Click 'Survey' to submit comments regarding Chandler's sign regulations and/or the proposed amendments)
Questions and comments regarding the proposed Sign Code amendments may also be sent directly to David de la Torre, Principal Planner, at email@example.com
3. PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARINGS
Public hearings were originally posted as noted below and this item was continued by Planning Commission to February 1, 2017 to allow more time for public review and comment. The February 1st Planning Commission hearing will also be continued to a later date undetermined at this time. The new City Council meeting date will be determined following the Planning Commission date. Public hearing dates will be updated on this website after the February 1st Planning Commission meeting.
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 5:30PM, Planning and Zoning Commission, located in the Council Chambers (88 E. Chicago St.) ACTION TAKEN: Continued to February 1, 2017
- Thursday, January, 26, 2017, 7:00PM, City Council (introduction of ordinance), located in the Council Chambers (88 E. Chicago St.) Stay tuned - New Council meeting date will be updated on this webpage.
Current Zoning Cases
Application, Fees & Checklists
Development Process & Other Info
Boards and Commissions
Staff is available Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except legal holidays,
to answer planning and zoning related questions at 480-782-3050.
Transportation & Development
215 E. Buffalo St.
Chandler, AZ 85225