Recreation Class Registration Procedures: Online
New registration system to be implemented on November 1, 2014.
The Chandler Community Services Department’s new registration and reservation system will be implemented on November 1, 2014. All customers will need to create new accounts in order to complete activity registration online on November 1, 2014.
BREAK TIME SUBSCRIPTION – Unfortunately, due to our new registration system it will be necessary for all current Break Time subscription holders to “renew” their subscription in our her software system. When completing your online registration, please re-subscribe in activity “Break Time Subscription” in order to continue to receive a copy of Break Time in the mail.
ActiveNET ONLINE REGISTRATION FREQUNETLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is online registration and reservation system?Online registration and reservation system allows customers to register via the Internet for most classes and programs and now allows customers to make ball field and pavilion reservations! The system is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week, except during those times the system will be taken down for maintenance.
2. Why Did the City of Chandler’s Community Services Department switch to a new registration and reservation system? Their old system had reached its end of life and was no longer being supported. This new system will provide new technology and benefits including:
*Ability to make reservations for pavilions and ball fields on-line
*Multiple ways to search for programs and activities
*Allow customers to create “Wish Lists” which will help streamline your registration process
*Sign-up for text message or email notifications for timely activity-related messages and information.
*The ability for customers to manage their account with access to schedules, payment/transaction history, recover password electronically, etc.
3. Why do I need to set up a new account? We have implemented a new hosted software program call ActiveNet, which requires all customers to create a new account in order to use the system. Our old software program will no longer be available and all history associated with the program will no longer be available.
4. How do I create a new account and add a child or other family members to my account? Information coming soon.
5. What if I already have an account? Information coming soon.
6. What if I forgot my login name? ActiveNet uses your email address as your login name. It will always be your email.
7. What if I forgot my password? You may now recover your password electronically. From the home page click on “My Account”. Under “Already have an Account” search for “Password” and click “Forgotten”. You will receive an email message and directions on how to set-up a new password. Or…you may call 480-782-2640 and have a customer service representative re-set your password.
8. What if I do not have an email address or home computer? Please add the verbiage we currently have for this question.
9. Do I need a credit card to use on-line registration? Again use current verbiage.
10. Why doesn’t my registration work on-line? Please use some of the responses already listed
· The class is not open for registration….
· Some classes require special registration data….
· You have not properly logged into your account…
· The system is temporarily unavailable…
11. How do I enter “Date of Birth”? For adults you may either enter your birthdate or select “Age Category”. For all customers under the age of 18 a birthdate MUST be entered.
Use our simple and convenient online registration system to sign up for recreation classes or programs (Safari).
> If you are already a registered user of our online registration system, you can:
Online registration is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for special interest classes (system maintenance may make the system unavailable on Wednesdays between 7-11 a.m.). Aquatic registration is ongoing. Cut-off dates for Aquatic swim lessons is 3 business days prior to session start date.
To register online for a Chandler Parks & Recreation class or program you must establish a customer account to receive an ID and a pin number. Below you will find general and detailed instructions that will help you establish your customer account. Please read all the information, especially sections regarding Waivers and Special Forms, Family Information, and Refunds. You must accept responsibility for knowing the rules and regulations before you register online.
Please see the system maintenance schedule for times when you may experience delays processing your registration request.
Call our office at 480-782-2640 for any additional information or if you are having any registration difficulties. You can also register by mail or drop off the forms.
ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
Step 1: Set up an online account with Chandler Parks & Recreation
New Online Customers
Before logging on and registering for classes, you must establish an online customer account. Click on "My Account" at the top of the screen. This will bring you to the "Customer Login" screen. Click on "Request an account now" and complete the application. Your account must be approved by Chandler Parks & Recreation before you will be able to register for activities. Approvals will be processed between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. each weekday. You will receive account approval and an I.D. # via e-mail. After you set up your account, receive approval from us via e-mail, and your ID#, you must add any family members into your account BEFORE you begin the activity registration process. Click on "My Account" and log in, if you haven't already. Now click "Change Family Members." You will be able to register for activities any time, 24 hours a day using your Visa or MasterCard for payment.
Existing Online Account Holders
If you already have a customer account, click on "My Account" at the top of the screen. This will bring you to the "Customer Login" screen. Log in by entering your I.D. # and Password.
NOTE: Numeric passwords are now required for new customers and we strongly recommend that current users login to the system and convert their existing password into a numeric one.
Forgot Your ID# or Password?
Call Chandler Parks & Recreation at 480-782-2640.
Step 2: Browse Activities
Click on "Registration" to see a list of activities. Click on the underlined activity name to get detailed activity descriptions. You may narrow your activity search by using any or all of the 4 search boxes: Location, Category, Sort By, and Select.
Step 3: Select Activities
If you want to register for this activity, click on "Add to My Cart." Repeat until you have selected all the activities you want. Be sure to take note of any forms, handouts or packets that may be required for this activity. To Print Forms: When selecting your activities, click on the "Download Forms" tab at the top of the screen. This will take you to our downloads page where you can select the form(s) you need, print them and bring them to the first class meeting. Please note that you may need to complete several identical forms if your child is registered for a variety of classes. Our insurance carrier requires signed waivers for each activity. General rule: If the activity is for someone under 18 years of age, the Chandler Parks and Recreation Division requires a Waiver Form for each activity. These waivers will be distributed at the first class.
Step 4: Pay for Activities
Click on "Checkout" to go to payment page.
1. Assign family member names to the selected activities. Click "Continue".
2. Confirm your activity names, dates, enrollee and fees. Click "Continue".
3. Type in Visa or MasterCard or American Express or Debit Card information. Click "Continue".
4. After payment has been approved, print a receipt. Bring the receipt to the first day of class.
Step 5: "My Account" is Your Account
Here you will find: Family Schedule, Pay on Account, Deposits, Credits, Account Detail, Payments, Change Password, Change Address, and Change Family Members. These are helpful information sections that allow you to manage your schedule and update family information as needed.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OUR CUSTOMERS:
1. Waivers and Special Forms
All classes and programs require parents or participants to sign a liability waiver. There is a liability waiver at the bottom of your internet registration receipt after registering on-line. It is your responsibility to sign and detach the waiver then return it to Chandler Parks and Recreation by the first day of class.
2. Family Information
Please enter complete and accurate information for your family when applying for an online account. Falsifying of information, e.g., family members or ages, will result in being withdrawn from the activity in question, forfeiture of registration fees, and restriction from future online registration.
4. Activity Cancellation Policy
Recreation Refund Policy:
The City reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment. Early registration is encouraged to help prevent course cancellation due to an apparent lack of interest. If a class or program is cancelled, you will be notified and offered an alternative choice, if available. If no alternative is available, a full refund or credit on account (your choice) will be issued within 30 days. The City also reserves the right to cancel, postpone, combine classes, change rooms, or change instructors as needed.
Cancellation requests and refunds are not available online.
If you wish to cancel your class or program enrollment, you must notify the Recreation Division at 480-782-2727 or 782-2640, or the Aquatics office at 782-2756 or 782-2752, at least 48 hours prior to the class start date for a full refund. Less than 48 hours notice will result in a 50 percent refund. Refunds are not available after 50 percent of the course/class session is complete, or after the second class for swim lessons. Supply fee refunds will be pro-rated based on attendance. Medical emergencies will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Note: Some activities have a "No Refund" policy. This will be written in the activity description.
Aquatics Refund/Cancellation Policy:
If you wish to cancel your Aquatics program enrollment, you must notify the Aquatics office at 480-782-2756 or 480-782-2753 at least three days PRIOR to the class/program/session start date for a full refund. Less than three days notice will result in 50 percent of the class fee refunded. After the start date of class /session, no refund is issued. This refund policy does not apply to Aquatic Certification Course.
5. Customer Satisfaction
The Parks and Recreation Divisions are committed to excellence by providing high-quality programs