Click here for a SiteMap

Official City Web Site for Chandler, Arizona    |    Text Size  Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size    
Block Party Permits
Holding a Block Party on your street is a great way to energize the neighborhood, have fun, and make new friends. 
The City of Chandler supports the efforts of residents to organize events like this in their neighborhood. However, since holding a block party requires that the affected street(s) be closed to traffic for the duration of the event, advance notice to the City is required. The event organizers must submit a Street Closure Agreement and obtain the signature of every property owner within the area or block that will be closed, signifying that they consent to the traffic closure on that day. The street closure agreement and property owner signatures must be submitted to the City five (5) working days in advance of the date of closure. For more information, call 480-782-3346.

Block Party Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a fee for a permit?
No. There is no fee for a Block Party/Street Closure permit.

Will the City provide me with barricades?  Is there a fee?
Yes, the City will provide barricades at no cost. 

Is there a fee for the barricades?
There is no fee for the use of City barricades unless they are not returned. 

When and where do I pick up the barricades?
After you receive the call that your application has been approved, come to the front counter at 215 E. Buffalo Street and pick it up. Barricades will only be issued one workday prior to the Block Party date. Take the approved application with you to the Traffic Division at 975 E. Armstrong Way, Bldg B. Inform the Front Desk you are picking up barricades for a block party. The person picking up the barricades will have to sign them out and is responsible for loading them into their vehicle. The yard is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.  (The City Yard in NOT open on Saturday or Sunday.)

Do I have to get every property owner’s signature on my Street Closure/Block Party application, even though they are not invited to the Block Party? 
Yes. Every property owner within your area/block -- directly affected by the closure -- must sign their name across from their address to consent to their street being closed whether they are attending the block party. 

How long does it take to get my permit approved?
It takes five working days in advance of the date of closure to process your application. We will call the contact number when your application has been approved or if the application is lacking necessary information.  

How long can I keep the street closed?
The Street Closure/Block Party application expires at 11 p.m.

For more information, call 480-782-3346 or 480-782-3000.