Goals and Objectives
- Serve as Staff Liaison to the Human Relations Commission
- Participate in Regional HRC Meetings
- Manage Diversity Funding Program
- Monitor and Serve as Resource for Day Labor Issues
- Promote Diversity Concepts in schools
- Coordinate or Assist with annual events
- Support For Our City - Chandler activities
- Evaluate Diversity Issues in the Organization
- Serve as Point of Contact for Employees
The Chandler Diversity Office, along with the City's Communications and Public Affairs Department, has partnered with the Chandler International Film Festival to debut eight independent films this June, with the potential to add more. The films will be shown during the Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening time slots for an entire month on the City's cable channel (Cox Channel 11, CenturyLink Channel 8502 and on Orbital Cable in Sun Lakes), our Video webpage and YouTube channel. CINETIME also will be shared with other local cities' cable cities.
For questions regarding CINETIME, contact Niki Tapia at 480-782-2214.
Diversity Education Mini-Grant Sponsorship
Grant applications for FY2017-18 are now closed. The grant application for FY2018-19 will be made available Monday, July 2, 2018, thru May 31, 2019, or as long as funds last.