The City's Diversity Office works closely with the community and the Chandler Human Relations Commission to develop diversity programs and events.
To promote mutual respect and inclusion in Chandler. We work toward the elimination of prejudice and discrimination among all citizens within our community. We celebrate our mix of ages and genders, persons with disabilities and diversity of racial, cultural, religious, socio-economic, sexual orientation or other personal identifying markers.
- Visit the City's ADA page to review the final draft of the City of Chandler ADA Self-Evaluation & Transition Plan 2015
- Mayor's liaison to the LGBT community: Leah Powell, Community Resources & Diversity Manager
Goals and Objectives
- Serve as Staff Liaison to the Human Relations Commission
- Participate in Regional HRC Meetings
- Manage Diversity Funding Program
- Monitor and Serve as Resource for Day Labor Issues
- Promote Diversity Concepts in schools
- Coordinate or Assist with annual events
- Support For Our City- Chandler activities
- Serve as ADA Coordinator for City
- Evaluate Diversity Issues in the Organization
- Serve as Point of Contact for Employees
- Serve as Mayor's Point of Contact for the LGBT Community
Diversity Education Mini-Grant Sponsorship
Grant applications for FY15/16 are available from July 1, 2015 thru May 31, 2016:
For a copy of this application in Word format OR to submit your completed applications, email firstname.lastname@example.org.