|Bulk Item Collection
Residents paying for city-provided solid waste services can schedule a free curbside recycling and/or trash bulk collection every six weeks. For more details call 480-782-3510. (Bulk collection cannot be scheduled via email).
There are many local charity groups offering curbside pick up for items often discarded as trash, and most charities offer a tax deduction for your generosity.
|How do I schedule a curbside bulk collection?
The ratepayer must call to schedule the curbside bulk collection prior to setting out items at the curb. Call 480-782-3510 for details and requirements. Services cannot be scheduled via email or by a third party not listed on the ratepayer's account.
Can I schedule a bulk collection to be picked up in the alley?
No. Per Chandler City Code, Chapter 44-6.4: "... Bulk materials shall only be collected if placed along the right-of-way behind the curb, on the property of the covered residence. Bulk materials to be collected shall not be collected when placed in public or private alleys."
How often can I schedule a free bulk collection?
Free curbside bulk collection can be scheduled for each residence once every six weeks. Call Solid Waste Customer Service at 480-782-3510 for the date available for your next free bulk. If you would like an additional bulk collection in between the six weeks there is a fee.
What is considered a bulk item?
Most often, excess household waste or items too large to fit in a residential curbside or alley trash container.
|Recycle Bulk - Common Items:
Trash Bulk - Common Items:
- Excess cardboard (emptied and flattened)
- Metal items such as patio furniture, grills, playground equipment, etc.
- Large and small appliances (water heaters, washer, dryer, dishwasher, stove, toaster ovens, microwaves, window AC units, etc.) (Applicable fee of $10 for Freon removal for freezers, refrigerators, and any other type of Freon bearing unit.
- *Electronics (Computers, flat screen LCT computer monitors, LED, LCD, plasma TVs, printers, stereos, microwaves, etc.) Flat screen (non-CRT) TVs and monitors are collected as a recycle bulk
PLEASE NOTE: WHEN CALLING TO SCHEDULE A BULK, A LIST OF ITEMS YOU ARE REQUESTING FOR PICK UP IS REQUIRED, AS DIFFERENT TRUCKS ARE SCHEDULED, BASED ON TYPES OF ITEMS COLLECTED.
- Tree trimmings and yard clippings (City Code, Chapter 44-6) states requirements for bulk collection)
- Broken, non-repairable furniture
- Broken, non-repairable toys
- Household trash and textiles
- CRT, console and projection TVs, and CRT Computer Monitors
What materials are not accepted?
Call 480-782-3510 to find out what is accepted and what is not. The most common waste not accepted includes: building and construction materials, such as sheet rock, wood paneling, cinder blocks, bricks, and roofing materials. Other unacceptable waste includes: dirt, gravel, propane tanks, tires, auto parts, and liquid, hazardous, or medical waste.
Where can residents take large items if bulk collection is not available?
Chandler residents can self-haul to the City's Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center located at 955 E. Queen Creek Road. The center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday thru Monday, and closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
For additional details call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510.
Chandler residents who do not pay for City-provided solid waste services can call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510 for information about options for disposal bulky waste.