|Bulk Item Collection
Residents paying for city-provided solid waste services can schedule a free curbside recycling and/or trash bulk collection every six weeks. For more details call 480-782-3510. (Bulk collection cannot be scheduled via email).
There are many local charity groups offering curbside pick up for items often discarded as trash, and most charities offer a tax deduction for your generosity.
|How do I schedule a curbside bulk collection?
The ratepayer must call to schedule the curbside bulk collection prior to setting out items at the curb. Call 480-782-3510 for details and requirements. Services cannot be scheduled via email or by a third party not listed on the ratepayer's account.
Can I schedule a bulk collection to be picked up in the alley?
No. Per Chandler City Code, Chapter 44-6.4: "... Bulk materials shall only be collected if placed along the right-of-way behind the curb, on the property of the covered residence. Bulk materials to be collected shall not be collected when placed in public or private alleys."
How often can I schedule a free bulk collection?
Free curbside bulk collection can be scheduled for each residence once every six weeks. Call Solid Waste Customer Service at 480-782-3510 for the date available for your next free bulk. If you would like an additional bulk collection in between the six weeks there is a fee.
What is considered a bulk item?
Most often, excess household waste or items too large to fit in a residential curbside or alley trash container.
Are there size restrictions and and weight limits for bulk items?
Yes. Curbside bulk collection is a manual process performed by one or two contractor staff. On average, between 80 and 120 homes are scheduled for curbside bulk collection each day. For safety and efficiency, it is necessary to have bulk size restrictions and weight limits.
|Recycle Bulk - Common Items:
Trash Bulk - Common Items:
- Excess cardboard (emptied and flattened)
- Metal items such as patio furniture, grills, playground equipment, etc.
- Large and small appliances (water heaters, washer, dryer, dishwasher, stove, toaster ovens, microwaves, window AC units, etc.) (Applicable fee of $10 for Freon removal for freezers, refrigerators, and any other type of Freon bearing unit.
- *Electronics (Computers, flat screen LCT computer monitors, LED, LCD, plasma TVs, printers, stereos, microwaves, etc.) Flat screen (non-CRT) TVs and monitors are collected as a recycle bulk
PLEASE NOTE: WHEN CALLING TO SCHEDULE A BULK, A LIST OF ITEMS YOU ARE REQUESTING FOR PICK UP IS REQUIRED, AS DIFFERENT TRUCKS ARE SCHEDULED, BASED ON TYPES OF ITEMS COLLECTED.
- Tree trimmings and yard clippings (City Code, Chapter 44-6) states requirements for bulk collection)
- Broken, non-repairable furniture
- Broken, non-repairable toys
- Household trash and textiles
- CRT, console and projection TVs, and CRT Computer Monitors
What materials are not accepted?
Call 480-782-3510 to find out what is accepted and what is not. The most common waste not accepted includes: building and construction materials, such as sheet rock, wood paneling, cinder blocks, bricks, and roofing materials. Other unacceptable waste includes: dirt, gravel, propane tanks, tires, auto parts, and liquid, hazardous, or medical waste.
Where can residents take large items if bulk collection is not available?
Chandler residents can self-haul to the City's Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center located at 955 E. Queen Creek Road. The center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday thru Monday, and closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
For additional details call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510.
Chandler residents who do not pay for City-provided solid waste services can call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510 for information about options for disposal bulky waste.