|Bulk Item Collection
Residents paying for city-provided solid waste services can schedule a free recycling and/or trash bulk pick up at their front curb every six weeks. Residents can also self-haul to the Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center throughout the year. For more details call 480-782-3510.
Bulk collection CANNOT be scheduled via email.
For Chandler residents who do not pay for City-provided solid waste services, call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510 for information about alternatives to meet disposal needs.
Please consider donating household items with reuse value. There are many local charitable groups offering curbside collection for items often discarded as trash, and they offer a tax deduction for your generosity.
How do I schedule a curbside bulk collection?
The ratepayer must call to schedule the curbside bulk collection prior to setting out items at the curb. Call 480-782-3510 for details and requirements. Services CANNOT be scheduled via email or by a third party not listed on the ratepayer's account.
Can I schedule a bulk collection to be picked up in the alley?
No. Per Chandler City Code, Chapter 44-6.4: "... Bulk materials shall only be collected if placed along the right-of-way behind the curb, on the property of the covered residence. Bulk materials to be collected shall not be collected when placed in public or private alleys."
How often can I schedule a free bulk collection?
Free curbside bulk collection can be scheduled for each residence once every six weeks. Call Solid Waste Customer Service at 480-782-3510 for the date available for your next free bulk. If you would like an additional bulk collection in between the six weeks there is a fee.
What is considered a bulk item?
Items too large to fit in a residential curbside or alley trash container.
Recycle Bulk - Common Items:
- Excess cardboard (emptied and flattened)
- Metal items such as washers, dryers, water heaters, patio furniture, grills, etc. (Note: A $10 fee applies for Freon removal for freezers, refrigerators, AC units, etc).
- Electronics* and small appliances (Computers, flat screen LCT computer monitors, LED, LCD, Plasma TVs, printers, stereos, microwaves, etc.) Non-CRT TVs and monitors are collected for recycling
Effective September 1, 2013 -
Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) TVs, projection TVs or CRT computer monitors will be disposed as trash
- CRT televisions and computer monitors are collected under bulk trash
- Flat screen (non-CRT) TVs and monitors are collected under recycled bulk
Trash Bulk - Common Items:
- Tree trimmings and yard clippings (City Code, Chapter 44-6 states requirements for bulk collection)
- Broken, non-repairable furniture
- Broken, non-repairable toys
- Household trash and textiles
- CRT TVs, console TVs, projection TVs and CRT Computer Monitors
A LIST OF MATERIALS IS REQUIRED WHEN CALLING AS DIFFERENT TRUCKS ARE SCHEDULED BASED ON TYPES OF ITEMS COLLECTED.
What materials are not accepted?
Call 480-782-3510 to find out what is accepted and what is not. The most common waste not accepted includes: building and construction materials, such as sheet rock, wood paneling, cinder blocks, bricks, and roofing materials. Other unacceptable waste includes: dirt, gravel, propane tanks, tires, auto parts, and liquid, hazardous, or medical waste.
Where can residents take large items if bulk collection is not available?
Chandler residents can self-haul to the City's Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center located at 955 E. Queen Creek Road. The center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday thru Monday, and closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
For additional details call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510. Services CANNOT be scheduled