Recycling & Trash Holiday Information
The holiday season is here. Make your list and check it twice for information on recycling and trash including collection schedules over the holidays, how to recycle your Christmas tree, and special holiday recycling tips that will make sure you are on the nice list.
Christmas Day - Monday, December 25 & New Year's Day - Monday, January 1
Recycling and trash is NOT collected on Monday, December 25, 2017 or Monday, January 1, 2018
Place your can at the curb by 6 a.m. on the day of collection or after 6 p.m. the evening before.
|Regular Collection Day
||Holiday Collection Day
|Monday, December 25 & January 1
||Tuesday, December 26 & January 2
|Tuesday, December 26 & January 2
||Wednesday, December 27 & January 3
|Wednesday, December 27 & January 3
||Thursday, December 28 & January 4
|Thursday, December 28 & January 4
||Friday, December 29 & & January 5
|Friday, December 29 & & January 5
||Saturday, December 30 & January 6
Christmas Day, December 25
New Year's Day, January 1
Holiday Tips - Check out tips that help your holidays clean and green!
The City of Chandler is required to provide trash and recycling collection twice-a-week.
Recycling and trash collection
is performed weekly, Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please note: There is no specific time for collection. Collection varies due to truck load capacity, traffic, road construction and weather conditions.
To ensure collection service is provided, containers must be at the curb BEFORE 6 a.m. on the day of collection or after 6 p.m. the evening before for convenience.
See holiday collection schedule
for any changes to your regular schedule for collection.
Christmas Tree Recycling
Christmas trees collected by the City will be chipped and reused in park landscaping projects. For safety, please remove tree stands, nails, ornaments, lights and garland. Please do not place tree is bags.
NEIGHBORHOOD DROP-OFF SITES - December 26, 2017, through January 12, 2018
Chandler residents can drop off their unbagged Christmas trees at one of several neighborhood drop-off sites listed below:
Drop off boxes at the following locations: Map (PDF)
- West Chandler Park, 250 S. Kyrene Rd.
- Desert Breeze Park, 660 N. Desert Breeze Blvd. E.
- Arrowhead Meadows Park, 1475 W. Erie St.
- Shawnee Park, 1400 W. Mesquite St.
- Pima Park, 625 N. McQueen Rd.
- Folley Park, 601 E. Frye Rd.
- Chuparosa Park, 2400 S. Dobson Rd.
- Snedigar Sportsplex, 4625 S. Alma School Rd.
- Tumbleweed Park, 2250 S. McQueen Rd.
- Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center, 955 E. Queen Creek Rd. (closed Tue/Wed)
CURBSIDE COLLECTION* - Dec. 26, 2017 through Jan. 12, 2018
Available to Chandler residents paying for City-provided solid waste services
Place tree at edge of driveway (not in the street) before 6 a.m. on your scheduled recycling collection day. A separate collection truck will collect trees.
DONATING LIVE POTTED TREES
- DO NOT block sidewalk for pedestrian use
- DO NOT place the tree in street or alley ways
- DO NOT place tree in a recycling, trash or alley containers
- DO NOT place tree in bags
- DO remove tree stands, nails, ornaments, garland, lights, etc.
Live potted Christmas trees can be donated for replanting at City parks by calling 480-782-2752.
Solid Waste Home Page