Chandler an All-America City!
It’s official! Chandler is an All-America City! National Civic League judges chose the city as one of 10 winners of the prestigious, nationwide competition on Friday, June 18, 2010. Chandler was one of 27 finalists presenting at the 2010 All-America City Awards in Kansas City. Chandler is the only Arizona winner or finalist for the 61st annual awards.
Cities were asked to document three community projects addressing their communities’ most pressing challenges. The City of Chandler submitted documentation of the City’s collaborative efforts and partnerships with ICAN’s underage drinking taskforce, the CARE Center and its work providing medical care to Chandler students, and the Chandler Heights Community Facilities, which include a police substation, Environmental Education Center and water recharge facility.
“These three projects highlight the collaborative nature of the City of Chandler in our efforts to serve the residents of our community,” said Mayor Boyd Dunn. “These are great examples of the kind of creativity and innovation that keep Chandler a safe and healthy city with attractive amenities.”
NCL is a 116-year-old nonpartisan nonprofit organization that strengthens democracy by increasing the capacity of our nation’s people to fully participate in and build healthy and prosperous communities across America.
For more information, visit www.ncl.org.
All-America City Logos:
Chandler’s Three Community Projects:
Chandler - An Award-Winning City:
- View all of the City's recent awards and distinctions.
Blogs, Articles, Social Media, Important Links and Multimedia:
Platinum Partner - $5,000
- Cox Communications
Gold Alliance - $2,500
- 360 Vantage
- Carollo Engineers
- Rockefeller Group Development Corporation
Silver Sponsor - $1,000
- Achen Gardner
- Arizona Christian School Tuition Organization
- Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Chapman Automotive Group
- First Credit Union
- J2 Engineering & Environmental Design
- Salt River Project
Friends of Chandler
- Chandler Kiwanis Club - $500
- Downtown Chandler Community Partnership - $500
- Errand Genie - $50
- Fast Signs - In-Kind Promotional Materials
- Mortenson Construction - $500
- San Tan Sun News - In-Kind Advertising
- The Smith Group - $500
- Westcor - $300
- Wrangler News - In-Kind Advertising
All-America City Community Celebration Sponsors
- Serrano's Mexican Food
- Shangri La
- Chandler Unified School District and its vendors
- Chandler Center for the Arts
For sponsorship information, contact:
Dave Bigos, Mayor and Council Assistant
City of Chandler