Acceptance of a student's registration form for the certification classes does not necessarily mean participation in the class. Students must successfully pass all required written or water skills test to take part in class.
Certification will be determined after students have successfully completed all required water skills and written exams. Failure to pass final skills tests and written exams does not allow for refunds.
How do I register?
Resident registration begins on November 5 and non resident registration begins November 12 at 10 a.m.
Mail-in or drop-off registration form
Mail-in or Drop-off registration forms are currently being accepted and will be processed randomly starting at 10 a.m. on November 5 for residents and 10 a.m. on November 12 for non residents.
MAIL registration form and payment to:
City of Chandler
Attn: Aquatic Registration, MS 906
PO Box 4008
Chandler, AZ 85244
DROP OFF registration form and payment to:
City of Chandler
650 E. Ryan Road
Chandler, AZ 85286
- American Red Cross
Teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. The course ;content and activities prepare participants to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent drowning and injuries.
Upon successful completion, participant will receive a certificate for Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED valid for 2 years.
• Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
• Tread water for two (2) minutes, legs only
• Complete a timed event within one (1) minute, 40 seconds. (Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps).
* Must be 15 years of age by the last day of the class.
Participants are responsible for acquiring their own American Red Cross text books and pocket mask prior to the first day of the class.
Resident fee: $120
Non-resident fee: $150
Please enroll in ONE of the following Lifeguarding classes:
Nozomi Aquatic Center
M-F 3/6-10 9 a.m.-4 p.m. 15 yrs+
(14 openings in this class as of 02/16/17)
Desert Oasis Aquatic Center
M-F 3/13-17 9 a.m.-4 p.m. 15 yrs+
(3 openings in this class as of 02/16/17)
Hamilton Aquatic Center
M-F 3/13-17 8 a.m.-3 p.m. 15 yrs+
(1 openings left in this class as of 02/16/17)
M-F 3/20-24 8 a.m.-3 p.m. 15 yrs+
(Class is full - wait list available)
Water Safety Instructor
- American Red Cross
The purpose of this course is to train instructor candidates to teach courses and presentations in the American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety program by developing their understanding of how to use the course materials, how to conduct training sessions and how to evaluate participants' progress.
Please enroll in ONE of the following Water Safety Instructor classes:
• Demonstrate the ability to perform 25 yards of front crawl (freestyle), back crawl (backstroke), breaststroke, elementary backstroke, sidestroke, and butterfly (15 yards);
• Maintain position on back 1 minute in deep water (float or sculling)
• Tread water for 1 minute
* Must be 16 years of age by the last day of the class.
Participants are responsible for acquiring their own American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety Manual & Water Safety Instructor Manual prior to the first day of class.
Resident fee: $68
Non-resident fee: $92
Red Cross Fee: $35
Sa 3/18 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
(11 openings in this class as of 02/16/17)
CERTIFICATION CLASS REFUND / CANCELLATION/TRANSFER POLICY:
--Advanced cancellations: 8 days or more prior to the start date of the class will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
--Cancellations 7 days or less - no refund will be issued. All transfers must be made 5 days prior to the start of the class.