Bus Service Changes
On October 23, the following bus service changes will go into effect:
RAY ROAD - NEW ROUTE - Route 140 - A new route will begin, serving Ray Road between 48th Street and Gilbert Road.
Route 112 Arizona Ave/ Country Club - Trips will be added in the mid-day, which will result in 15-minute service from approximately 5 AM to 6 PM. Additionally, all trips will be extended to the Chandler Park and Ride. Route 112 will no longer serve the Hamilton/ Morelos end-of-line. This area will be served by Route 104 instead.
Route 104/ 112 - Route 104 will be extended from its current end-of-line on Boston Street to a new end-of-line at Hamilton and Morelos. The stop on Hamilton and Morelos will no longer be served by Route 112. View a map of the changes.
Route 136 Gilbert Rd - Route 136 will be extended to Ryan Road in both directions. The bus stop on Stearman Drive will no longer be served.
Dial-A-Ride/ Paratransit Changes
On Saturday, July 1, Valley Metro Dial-a-Ride serving Northwest Valley, East Valley and Regional will be transitioning to Valley Metro Paratransit along with a new service provider and new vehicles.
- Fleet will have a new paint scheme that incorporates the updated color scheme and logo on both mini-vans and cutaway buses. This fleet is fully accessible.
- This service will transition to the name “Valley Metro Paratransit.”
- Beginning in July, riders can check status and cancel trips using their phone. Later this year, riders will receive automatic notifications about service by phone, text or email. Riders can find out more by calling Transdev at number listed below.
- New phone number for East Valley, Northwest Valley and Regional Paratransit services is: 602-716-2200 or TTY 602-716-2118.
- When there is higher demand for service, AAA Transportation Services will deploy cabs (Yellow Cab) to provide trips.
- The website, valleymetro.org/paratransit reflects changes in service and a list of FAQs for reference.
The new ADA Paratransit Ride Guide is a good resource for details as well.
NextRide Text Number Changed to 22966 on July 1
If you use the NextRide texting service to get Valley Metro bus or train arrival times, note that a new number, 22966, is now in effect. After June 30, the current number, 64274, will no longer be operational. Also, with the new number, you will no longer need to type NXRD when sending a text. Be sure to update your contacts in your phone with the new number, 22966.
For more information, visit valleymetro.org/nextride
For more information or to provide feedback on changes, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-782-3300.
More information can also be found at valleymetro.org
E-mail us comments/questions at: email@example.com
Title VI Information
View the City of Chandler's Title VI Notice to the Public.
View the City of Chandler's full Title VI Implementation Plan.