|Chandler Park Projects and Meetings
Chandler's Park Operations Division maintains nearly 1,200 acres of developed park land at more than 60 park sites. The division also acquires land, plans, designs and develops new parks and special use facilities.
The Chandler Parks Division strives to meet the recreational and open space needs of Chandler citizens. As new parks and facilities are planned, Parks staff works with Chandler residents on the design and development of Chandler parks.
Park Development and Improvement Projects
- Future Neighborhood Park at Layton Lakes
- Concept plan was completed after an initial public meeting held on September 14, 2016.
- Construction plans were completed and publicly bid June 2017. Unfortunately, the bids came in over the approved budget and all bids had to be rejected.
- While the majority of the concept/design for the park will remain the same, in order to get the project within budget, staff have made several changes to the original concept that will be presented at a public meeting on Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 6:30 p.m., at the Environmental Education Center, 4050 E. Chandler Heights Road.
- Proposed amenities include a "ninja warrior" style obstacle course, ramadas, basketball and sand volleyball courts with lighting, drinking fountain, open turf area, pathways, site lighting and landscaping.
- The location of the park is within the area bounded by Gilbert Road, Lindsay Road, Queen Creek Road and Ocotillo Road. The development of this park continues to meet the City goal of providing a neighborhood park for each square mile of residential development within the City.
- Construction is anticipated to begin in early 2018 and will take approximately five to six months to construct.
- Apache Park Improvements - COMPLETE
- Public Meetings were held on October 1, 2015 and April 7, 2016 to receive input regarding planned improvements to Apache Park. The concept plan was presented at the second meeting after incorporating suggestions and concerns from the earlier meeting.
- Improvements to Apache Park included relocation of the sand volleyball courts, expansion and replacement of the playground, ramada replacements, alterations to existing racquetball courts, new lighting, irrigation and landscape improvements as well as review of accessibility to the park and amenities.
- Drainage and retention capabilities were also evaluated and improved.
Park News & Information
Additional Park Programs and Information
For more information on City of Chandler Parks, call 480-782-2727.