|Chandler Park Projects and Meetings
Chandler's Park Operations Division maintains nearly 1,200 acres of developed park land at more than 60 park sites. The division also acquires land, plans, designs and develops new parks and special use facilities.
The Chandler Parks Division strives to meet the recreational and open space needs of Chandler citizens. As new parks and facilities are planned, Parks staff works with Chandler residents on the design and development of Chandler parks.
Park Development and Improvement Projects
- Future Neighborhood Park at Layton Lakes
- Concept plan was completed after a public meeting was held on September 14, 2016 to receive input from area residents.
- The park will be designed to incorporate a tree theme.
- Proposed amenities include playgrounds, ramadas, basketball and sand volleyball courts with lighting, drinking fountain, open turf area, pathways, site lighting and landscaping. In response to requests from residents, court games and swings will be added to the amenities provided.
- The location of the park, within the area bounded by Gilbert Road, Lindsay Road, Queen Creek Road and Ocotillo Road, continues to meet the City goal of providing a neighborhood park for each square mile of residential development within the City.
- Construction is planned for the summer of 2017.
- Proposed names for the park will be considered by the Parks and Recreation Board. Suggestions can be submitted to Don.Tolle@chandleraz.gov