|back to CYT Main
Leaders In Training (L.I.T.) Program
Are you too young to get a job? Do you want to gain valuable skills that will help you get a job when you turn 16? The City’s Leaders-In-Training program can help you.
Are you between 13 and 17 years old and looking for something to do during the spring intersession and summer break? If so, then you should consider joining the Leaders In Training Program! In this program, you will be placed in an actual work environment within the City of Chandler where you will gain experience and will learn about real jobs.
Placements at specific sites ARE NOT GUARANTEED but we try our best to put the best candidates at each site based on their qualifications and site availability. Also, during several workshops in the Summer LIT program, you will learn leadership and interviewing skills to get the job that you’ve always wanted. The hours can be counted toward scholarships and the program looks great on your first job application!
Location: Volunteer Sites will vary Resident fee: $17 Non-resident:$23
- Must be 13-17 years old
- Must be available Mondays, 1-3 p.m. for workshops and Tuesdays through Fridays during the hours of 8 a.m. -noon or 1-5 p.m. for work
- Must have a strong work ethic with a good attitude and willingness to learn
- Must be present the entire six weeks of the program
- Must have transportation to and from work site and workshops
- Attend the “Future Leaders Fair” on Monday June 19, 2017 1-3 p.m.
L.I.T. Dates to Remember:
- Application Deadline: Friday, April 28
- Interviews: Tuesday, May 16
- Teen/Parent Orientation: Tuesday, March 23 at 6 p.m. at the Community Center
- Program: June 5-July 14
- Graduation: Wednesday, July 12
This is an educational program. Your teen will be placed in a business atmosphere and will need to display maturity and a good attitude. Transportation will not be provided. This means punctuality and attendance will be a shared responsibility between you and your teen. Please do not consider this as an option for free daycare for your teen. Applications will be reviewed and eligible teens will be contacted for an interview. Selected teens will be notified in mid-May. The interview process is highly competitive and not all applicants will be selected.
Shawn Peoples, Recreation Coordinator
Back to Teen Programs Home Page