|back to CYT Main|
Leaders In Training (L.I.T.) Program
Are you too young to get a job? Do you want to gain valuable skills that will help you get a job when you turn 16? The City’s Leaders-In-Training program can help you.
Are you between 14 and 17 years old and looking for something to do during the spring intersession and summer break? If so, then you should consider joining the Leaders In Training Program! In this program, you will be placed in an actual work environment within the City of Chandler where you will gain experience and will learn about real jobs.
NEW THIS YEAR: We are adding the swimming pools and aquatic centers to the possible work sites IF you completed the AQUATICS PREP ACADEMY course. Completion of the aquatics course is MANDATORY to be placed in an aquatics facility for the Summer LIT program.
Placements at specific sites ARE NOT GUARANTEED but we try our best to put the best candidates at each site based on their qualifications and site availability. Also, during several workshops in the Summer LIT program, you will learn leadership and interviewing skills to get the job that you’ve always wanted. The hours can be counted toward scholarships and the program looks great on your first job application!
Location: Volunteer Sites will vary
Resident fee: $17 Non-resident:$23
- Must be age 14–17.
- Must be available Mondays, 1–3 p.m. for workshops and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during the morning or afternoon hours.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be willing to learn.
- Must have a good attitude.
- Must be present the entire six weeks of the program.
- Must have transportation to and from worksite and workshops
L.I.T. Spring Dates to Remember:
- Application Deadline: Friday, February 19, 2016
- Interviews: Tuesday, February 23 & Wednesday, February 24, 2016
- Teen/Parent Orientation: Tuesday, March 1 at 6 p.m. at the Community Center
- Program: March 7-18, 2016<