Click here for a SiteMap

Official City Website for Chandler, Arizona    |    Text Size  Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size    

The Official Website of the Chandler Arizona Fire Department

Fire Prevention

Pay My Bill buttonLife safety and property protection are the primary goals of the Chandler Fire Prevention Division. Fire Prevention personnel perform inspections of businesses within the City of Chandler to assist business owners in eliminating hazards and maintaining a safe workplace. The Fire Prevention Division is responsible for enforcing City Council adopted codes and ordinances, issuing various permits, follow-up on citizen complaints in regards to possible hazards, and maintaining records for businesses in the City. Fire Prevention also conducts Fire Investigations. They are frequently assigned to determine the cause and origin of fires. Members of the division assist other departments throughout the Valley through mutual aid agreements. Any arson activity can be reported to the Arson Hotline at 1-800-352-7766.

Inspections and Permits 

If you have any questions or want to schedule an inspection, please contact Fire Prevention at 480-782-2121 and be prepared to provide the following information: type of inspection requested; type of business; name of business, address and phone number of business, contact name and number.

Permits are required for:

  • Hazardous Materials
  • Consumer Fireworks Displays
  • Temporary Membrane Structure/Tents
  • Open Flame/Open Burning
  • Carnivals and Fairs
For permit applications,  please call 480-782-2121 or email

City Permit Fee Schedule
Fire Prevention Bureau Inspections & Assessments

          [Back to Top]


Fire Codes

          [Back to Top]       

Fire Protection Contractors

The Chandler Fire, Health & Medical Department maintains a list of approved fire protection contractors who provide installation, maintenance, repair and inspection services to the general public. Contractors not on the Fire Protection Contractors List are prohibited from doing business in the City of Chandler. If you would like a copy of this list, please contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at 480-782-2121 or email

To apply to be added to the Fire Protection Contactors List for the City of Chandler, please call 480-782-2121 or email      

Fire Protection: Extinguishers

          [Back to Top]


Consumer Fireworks
Arizona law regulates when and where consumer fireworks can be bought, sold and used in the state.
  • The sale of permissible consumer fireworks is allowed from May 20 through July 6 and December 10 through January 3. 
  • The use of permissible consumer fireworks is allowed June 24 through July 6 and December 24 through January 3 on private property, with the permission of the property owner.
The use of permissible consumer fireworks is prohibited on all publicly owned or managed land, buildings and facilities, including but not limited to: City offices and facilities, public parks, public parking lots, public school buildings and facilities, public retention basins, roads, streets and sidewalks. 
The law does not apply to novelty items: snappers, snap caps, glow worms, snakes, party poppers, toy smoke devices and sparklers, which have always been considered permissible. Permissible fireworks include: cylindrical and cone fountains, illuminating torches, wheels, ground spinners, flitter sparklers, ground sparkling devices. This chart will help you to determine if a product is legal or illegal to use in the City of Chandler.

The Chandler Fire, Health & Medical Department encourages residents to use caution when storing, handling and using fireworks, and when in the vicinity of other people using fireworks.  

Fireworks Sparklers

          [Back to Top]

  • Water can be purchased from the City through a hydrant by requesting a hydrant meter.
  • To report an open or broken hydrant or obtain information on flow tests call the City's Water Distribution staff at 480-782-3700.  

          [Back to Top]

Knox Box

          [Back to Top]        

Plan Review Guides

          [Back to Top]        

Records Request
Reports can be requested for all of the following:  Fire Reports, Occupancy Inspection Reports, Environmental Reports, Hazardous Materials Incidents, Spills, Underground Tanks, Aboveground Tanks, Vaulted Tanks.

          [Back to Top]