Click here for a SiteMap

Official City Web Site for Chandler, Arizona    |    Text Size  Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size    


The Department of State has designated the Chandler City Clerk’s Office as a Passport Acceptance Facility. The City Clerk's Office is located on the first floor of Chandler City Hall at 175 S Arizona Avenue.

Passport processing is available in the City of Chandler Clerk's office Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. You must be signed in by 3 p.m. to ensure being served. Completed passport applications are then mailed out by our office to the National Passport Center for processing with a turn around time of approximately 6 weeks. Expedite services are available for those traveling sooner.

For more information call 480-782-2176.

Watch our short video about applying for a passport below.

Passport Information

  • Passport Fees
    Please note: The Dept. of State accepts money orders or checks only (No Cash, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Foreign or Starter Checks Accepted).
  • The City of Chandler accepts cash, money orders or checks (No Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Foreign or Starter Checks Accepted).
  • New Passport Application Information
  • Need to renew your current Passport? Renew here. (Renewals are submitted by mail only)
  • If you changed your name within one year of getting your passport use the Re-application form.
  • The Department of State produced a video highlighting the importance of knowing your passport's expiration date and six-month validity information.  View the video.


  • Complete Numbers 1 Through 22 Only In Black Ink (Social Security Number Is Required). Do Not Sign The Application!
  • One Passport Picture Is Necessary. The Internet Will Have Listings Of Available Places That Take Photos. We Do Not Take Them Here.
  • Identification Is Required. A Valid Driver's License (not a Permit) Or Government Issued ID Is Acceptable. Bring A Copy Of Your ID, Front and Back, As Well As The Original, Or You Will Be Charged .15¢ Per Copy.

A Certified Copy Of Your Birth Certificate, Original Naturalization Paper, Previous Passport Or Consular Reports of Birth Abroad Is Required.
- We Cannot Accept Hospital Birth Records With Footprints.
- Your Proof of Citizenship Will Be Submitted With The Application.
- The Original Or Certified Copies Of The Applicant's Evidence Of U.S. Citizenship Will Be Returned.
- If You Were Born In California, You Must Provide A Long Form Certificate. Short Form Birth Certificates Or Abstracts Are Not Acceptable.
- The Department of State Will Only Accept Puerto Rican Birth Certificates Issued On Or After July 1, 2010.

If You Do Not Have A Certified Copy Of Your Birth Certificate > Where to Contact for Vital Records
If You Are A U.S. Citizen Born Abroad > Passport Information


  • All Children Must Be Present.
  • The Parents Must Provide Their Identification As Well As A Copy Of The ID For Each Child. Or We Can Make The Copy For .15¢ Per Copy.
  • Children 15 Years Or Younger Must Appear With Both Parents, Legal Guardian Or Persons In Loco Parentis And Bring The Child’s Certified Birth Certificate And Previous Passport If Applicable.
    -If One Parent Is Not Available, They May Submit a Notarized Form 3053 or Form 5525 . If One Parent is Deceased, Please Bring the Certified Death Certificate.
  • Persons 16 and 17 Years Old Must Appear With One Parent And Both Will Sign The Application, And If Applicable, Provide A Driver's License (Not A Permit) And The Parents Must Provide Their Identification As Well As Copy Of The ID For Each Child. Bring The Child’s Certified Birth Certificate And Previous Passport If Applicable.
  • The Child's Social Security number is required to be entered on the form.
  • For More Information Regarding Minor Children, Visit the State Department Site

The passport fees below require two (2) separate forms of payments. One payment to the