The Department of State has designated the Chandler City Clerk’s Office as a Passport Acceptance Facility. The City Clerk's Office is located on the first floor of Chandler City Hall at 175 S Arizona Avenue.
Passport processing is available in the City of Chandler Clerk's office Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. You must be signed in by 3 p.m. to ensure being served. Completed passport applications are then mailed out by our office to the National Passport Center for processing with a turn around time of approximately 6 weeks. Expedite services are available for those traveling sooner.
For more information call 480-782-2176.
Watch our short video about applying for a passport below.
- Passport Fees
Please note: The Dept. of State accepts money orders or checks only (No Cash, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Foreign or Starter Checks Accepted).
- The City of Chandler accepts cash, money orders or checks (No Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Foreign or Starter Checks Accepted).
- New Passport Application Information
- Need to renew your current Passport? Renew here. (Renewals are submitted by mail only)
- If you changed your name within one year of getting your passport use the Re-application form.
- The Department of State produced a video highlighting the importance of knowing your passport's expiration date and six-month validity information. View the video.
NEW PASSPORT APPLICATION INFORMATION (DS-11) (Download the form.)
Complete Numbers 1 Through 22 Only In Black Ink (Social Security Number Is Required). Do Not Sign The Application!
One Passport Picture Is Necessary. The Internet Will Have Listings Of Available Places That Take Photos. We Do Not Take Them Here.
- Identification Is Required. A Valid Driver's License (not a Permit) Or Government Issued ID Is Acceptable. Bring A Copy Of Your ID, Front and Back, As Well As The Original, Or You Will Be Charged .15¢ Per Copy.
A Certified Copy Of Your Birth Certificate, Original Naturalization Paper, Previous Passport Or Consular Reports of Birth Abroad Is Required.
- We Cannot Accept Hospital Birth Records With Footprints.
- Your Proof of Citizenship Will Be Submitted With The Application.
- The Original Or Certified Copies Of The Applicant's Evidence Of U.S. Citizenship Will Be Returned.
- If You Were Born In California, You Must Provide A Long Form Certificate. Short Form Birth Certificates Or Abstracts Are Not Acceptable.
- The Department of State Will Only Accept Puerto Rican Birth Certificates Issued On Or After July 1, 2010.
If You Do Not Have A Certified Copy Of Your Birth Certificate > Where to Contact for Vital Records
If You Are A U.S. Citizen Born Abroad > Passport Information
- All Children Must Be Present.
- The Parents Must Provide Their Identification As Well As A Copy Of The ID For Each Child. Or We Can Make The Copy For .15¢ Per Copy.
- Children 15 Years Or Younger Must Appear With Both Parents, Legal Guardian Or Persons In Loco Parentis And Bring The Child’s Certified Birth Certificate And Previous Passport If Applicable.
-If One Parent Is Not Available, They May Submit a Notarized Form 3053 or Form 5525 . If One Parent is Deceased, Please Bring the Certified Death Certificate.
- Persons 16 and 17 Years Old Must Appear With One Parent And Both Will Sign The Application, And If Applicable, Provide A Driver's License (Not A Permit) And The Parents Must Provide Their Identification As Well As Copy Of The ID For Each Child. Bring The Child’s Certified Birth Certificate And Previous Passport If Applicable.
- The Child's Social Security number is required to be entered on the form.
- For More Information Regarding Minor Children, Visit the State Department Site
The passport fees below require two (2) separate forms of payments. One payment to the