Have you experienced a higher than normal water bill and didn’t know where to turn? The Water Conservation staff is available to help track down leaks and offer tips on ways you can reduce household water consumption.
When the Water Conservation Office recommends a water audit, some folks envision a nosey examiner scrutinizing their water use.
Really though, a water audit is simply a free on-site evaluation of water-using fixtures, hardware, equipment, landscaping, and management practices to determine the efficiency of your home’s water use. Last year residents saved up to 40 percent on their water bills after following water conservation advice.
As part of this program, a Chandler Water Conservation Specialist will tour your property to show how you can easily conserve water and save money. We’ll even give you money-saving rebate and incentive information. Best of all, your appointment can be conveniently scheduled M-F between 6:30 am and 3:00 pm.
During the water audit, the water conservation specialist will:
So is a free water audit worth the time? The City of Chandler measures the amount of water used at a home the year before an audit and then compares it to the amount of water used at the same home a year after the audit. The average savings per home is 60,051 gallons per year!
- Check your water meter for accuracy and demonstrate how to use it to monitor water use.
- Check for signs of leaks.
- Provide useful conservation tips specific to your property to help manage your water use.
- Inspect irrigation stations, and provide a checklist of suggested improvements.
- Provide scheduling information to assist you with programming your irrigation timer.
- Provide useful tips on interior water use.
- Provide high-efficiency showerheads and kitchen faucet aerators (for homes built prior to 1992).
- Provide free how-to brochures and handouts.
This City-wide program is offered free-of-charge to Chandler water customers. A separate program for HOA’s and commercial properties is also available. For more information, or to schedule a water audit, call the City of Chandler Water Conservation Office at 480-782-3583, or email us at email@example.com.
If you would rather perform the in-home residential Water Audit yourself, visit the "How to Check for a Water Leak" page or simply take the On Line Water Challenge at www.wateruseitwisely.com. Even more help is available in the Smart Home Water Guide which has step by step instructions on how to find and fix leaks.
Water Conservation Office