Olympus Steelyard is an apartment community in Downtown Chandler with an urban, upscale vibe. Located near Arizona Avenue and Frye Road, the 300-unit complex incorporates the City’s history and industrial feel in its décor.
Summit at San Marcos is the newest multi-family property in Downtown Chandler and is located along the south side of Chandler Boulevard, just a few blocks west of Arizona Avenue. This luxury multi-family community consists of 273 units with architecture inspired by East Coast brownstone houses.
A mixed-use residential and commercial development, called DC Heights, will be located at the southwest corner of Commonwealth Avenue and California Street. This project will be home to 250 new apartments and some retail. Estimated groundbreaking: August 2020.
Sharp, modish, curb appeal is underway at Overstreet, Downtown Chandler’s imminent shopping, dining and entertainment destination. Developed by MDB Properties, Overstreet is driven by Arizona-based LGE Design Build. The 77,000 square-foot project is anchored by the state's first and only FLIX Brewhouse. Tenants include Screamery, Truland Burgers & Greens, Over Easy, ShareTea and La Ristra.
New Square, located across from City Hall on Arizona Avenue, will be bringing one of Music City’s best to Downtown Chandler. The Stillery will be opening its first location outside of Nashville and will feature live Country acts and dancing. It will also serve a menu of elevated comfort foods including much-loved Nashville hot chicken.
New Square also is home to a beautiful events lawn and stage, which features live music, yoga and other programming throughout the year.
New additions to Downtown Chandler include:
Pedal Haus Brewery provides award-winning brews, delicious food, and live entertainment in Downtown Chandler’s Historic Square. Located at 95 W. Boston St.
The QuartHaus is an addition to Downtown, featuring 25 taps of the finest craft beers and eight wines on tap. Located at 201 S. Washington St.
Sasha's Kitchen and Cocktails is an exciting concept with a contemporary, casual atmosphere, affordable dining, and re-invented American cuisine. Located at 81 W. Boston St.
Ghett Yo Taco features street tacos with all the fixings located at 241 S. Oregon St.
Crust Pizza is located at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos in Downtown Chandler. Stop by this delicious restaurant for lunch, happy hour, or dinner. Sneak below Crust in the evening and enjoy the newly opened, The Ostrich, a speakeasy-style basement lounge.
The Hidden House is located on Commonwealth Avenue near California Street, just west of SanTan Brewing’s brewpub and tasting room, and walking distance from downtown Chandler’s main drive. It's housed inside a cottage that dates back to 1939.
The Brickyard Downtown, an upscale and contemporary restaurant and bar, is located at 85 W. Boston St.
Site 7: The Request for Proposal has recently been awarded to LGE Design. More information to come.
Downtown's newest office development project, called New Square, consists of a three-story, 47,000-square-foot office building, an 8,700-square-foot retail building and a 112-bed Hilton Garden Inn. Tenants include: Great Western Bank, WellSky and Elite Athlete Management. Phase II will consist of a five to eight stories of additional office. This project is on the west side of Arizona Avenue, across from City Hall. View the New Square project brochure.
George Oliver - The Alexander and the Johnathan:
Phoenix-based developer George Oliver has completed a $38.8 million, two-building acquisition and will invest almost $14 million in additional capital to bring a new creative office portfolio to the heart of Downtown Chandler, Ariz. Rebranded to The Alexander and The Johnathan, the buildings will be named after Chandler namesake Alexander Johnathan (A.J.) Chandler.
The Alexander will commence a $5 million shell building transformation in the first quarter of 2020, creating a 112,000-square-foot, five story modernized office building at 25 S. Arizona Place. These renovations will improve the building from Class B to premier Class A modernized office space, enclosing a current ground floor plaza and adding shared spaces and a health-and-wellness-inspired amenity package. Features within The Alexander will include a training center with seating for 60 people, a coffee and juice bar, hospitality-inspired lobby and lounge area, outdoor activity and game area, quiet library-themed common workspace and a billiards room. The wellness center will offer a cardio room furnished with Peloton equipment, a yoga room, private showers and an attached zen-inspired outdoor space.
Revint Solutions moved into the second floor office space at the Overstreet development in August 2019.
- The City has completed various roadway and streetscape improvements to Arizona Avenue between Frye and Pecos roads. The streetscape improvements are part of a larger vision to enhance the pedestrian-friendly feel of the City's core and a new entryway, or "front door," into downtown from the Loop 202/Santan Freeway.
- The extension of Dakota Street between Commonwealth Avenue and Buffalo Street added another north-south arterial through the Downtown, improving traffic circulation and adding connectivity for the various multifamily projects, including Alta San Marcos and future DC Heights apartment project. Improvements to Commonwealth Avenue and adjacent SRP canal have brought more walkability to Downtown while introducing a historical look at Chandler’s canal system and its importance to the community’s early development. Both projects have won numerous awards.
Buffalo Pocket Park
- The City completed its work on the Buffalo Pocket Park, at the corner of Buffalo and Oregon streets. This great public space is home to a playful selfie monument and creatively decorated seating elements.
- The City also completed its work on The Courtyard, located at the corner of Commonwealth Avenue and San Marcos Place, by installing gobo light projectors. The projectors display both static and moving images onto the turf, making The Courtyard a dynamic space after dark. In addition to being yet another element of fun in Downtown Chandler, the projectors double as additional lighting, enhancing safety.
- Running along Commonwealth Avenue, the Commonwealth Canal is an award-winning public space that is a must-visit in Downtown Chandler. It is home to a spectacular new mural, insights into Chandler’s rich history, and the calm brought by flowing water. Chandler resident and Chandler High School alumna, Ariana Enriquez, was the artist. The mural stands 68 inches tall by 225 feet long, located on the southern exterior wall of the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Chandler Golf Resort (San Marcos Resort), just north of SanTan Brewing Company. It beautifully bridges the distance between the City’s award-winning Commonwealth Canal and Courtyard park.
Oregon Street Parking Garage
- The Oregon Street Parking Garage is Downtown Chandler’s largest garage with 932 parking spaces, adding much needed parking options for those accessing City Hall as well as restaurants and other venues in the bustling area. The structure is located to the west of City Hall across Arizona Avenue on the northwest corner of Chicago and Oregon streets. The $20 million, five-level, 293,000-square-foot parking garage was completed in November 2019. The project also included a road realignment along Oregon Street as well as intersection improvements at Arizona Avenue and Chicago Street.