The time for fright is in sight. Honor Halloween right with a unique and dazzling drive-thru haunted experience filled with spirited fun. Pile your ghouls and boos of all ages into the car and enjoy Halloween Spooktacular from the comfort of your car as you wind through a decorated cul-da-sac. At every turn, the ghostly route is overflowing with a boo-nanza of spooky shenanigans and scenes that bring your favorite Halloween themes and characters to life. Admission to drive through the event area is free.
|Attendees must stay within their vehicles at all times. For the health and safety of the community, no pedestrian traffic is permitted.|
Dr. A.J. Chandler Park: Drive-thru
Submit now thru Oct. 18
If you’ve got it, haunt it! We’re looking for ghouls and boos of all ages who can dress to thrill. Submit a photo of your Halloween costume for a chance to win eek-citing prizes. Check out the contest details below.
Halloween Spooktacular is back in a whole new form. Downtown Chandler is excited to host an all-ages family-friendly drive-thru experience; keeping the fun traditions and excitement of Halloween alive in a safe and engaging event. As you travel along Commonwealth Avenue expect to see some larger than life scenic environments featuring your Halloween favorites, multimedia displays, and live characters. The experience is not scary but can be a little spooky in a few places. There is no age limitation.
Please remain inside your vehicle at all times for your safety and the safety of other patrons. No pedestrian traffic is permitted. Photography is permitted from inside your vehicle.
Accessing the Event Area
- All vehicles must enter at Boston Street and Arizona Place
- Access at Boston Street and Arizona Place must be from Delaware Street (going west)
- No left turns will be permitted from Arizona Avenue on Boston Street to Arizona Place
- All traffic will be one-way
- There are three sessions available for viewing
- 2-night sessions and a 1-day session
- The day session will not have all the lights and/or features operating since daylight will hinder the visibility of them >> This session is intended for small children who might like the look of Halloween but not the sounds or special effects that make it scary.
If you’ve got it, haunt it! We’re looking for ghouls and boos of all ages who can dress to thrill.
- Our annual Costume Contest is virtual
- Registration is required
- Participation is free
- Age and Judging categories remain the same
- There is no maximum number of participants per Age or Family/Group Divisions
- Participates must register to be featured in the 2020 Costume Contest
- Registration closes on Sunday, Oct. 18 at 11:59 p.m.
- Entry Forms must be submitted by an adult at least 18 years of age
- Household may submit multiple children, each Entry Form accepts two children per submission
All divisions are divided by age and not costume or gender. It is important to note, all costumes will be competing against each other, regardless of the genre or gender.
- 0-3 Years Old ·
- 4-5 Years Old
- 6-7 Years Old
- 8-10 Years Old
- 11+ Years Old
- Best/Group Family
- All participants must register to enter the contest via the online entry form
- Family/Group Division participants must have at least 3 members in their group
- Each entry must submit a photo of the participant dressed in their costume
- A maximum of two photos per participant can be submitted
- All photos must be submitted online in digital format (No larger than 5MB and File forms must be png, jpeg, or jpg)
- No prints will be accepted for this contest
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer
- Photo must be original, unpublished, and not copyrighted
- No businesses or professional photography will be eligible for the contest
- All results must remain photo-realistic; we will not accept digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered photos except for cropping, red-eye removal, and adjustment of contrast and brightness
- Photographs may be in color or black and white
- Inappropriate, violent or obscene images will be disqualified from the contest
- No illustrative elements or captions may be added to the photo
- Contestants will be judged on the Creativity, Spooktacular, and Originality of their costumes.
- Creativity – use of details, design, and materials
- Originality – fresh, new, original concept or idea
- Spooktacular – wearability and the participant’s portrayal of the costume and/or character; did the costume take time and effort to create
- Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in an age division
- Best Overall prize will be given in the Best Family/Group division
- Three rounds of judging will take place in each category
- Round 1 will narrow contestants to 20 semifinalists
- Round 2 will narrow contestants to the top 6
- Round 3 will choose the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners ·
- Round 3 will be public voting from Thursday, Oct. 29 through Sunday, Nov. 1 at 11:59 p.m.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, Nov. 2