Join with your friends and neighbors to enjoy a cool nighttime parade where every entry is beautifully decorated with colorful holiday lights. After the parade, enjoy the official lighting of the annual Tumbleweed Tree!
December 1, 2018
Event Festivities - 4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Parade - 6:45 pm;
Tree Lighting Ceremony - approx. 8pm
Families, local school groups, marching bands, civic organizations, neighborhoods, dance troupes, and businesses are all welcome to participate in the parade (see the entry categories below) and add to the pageantry of the Tumbleweed Tree Lighting Ceremony. This event helps to bring our community together to kick-off the holidays.
Interested in participating in the 2018 Parade of Lights? Applications are now available for parade entries - floats, walking groups, dancing groups, vehicles, marching bands and more!
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT NOTICE
The 2018 Parade of Lights will once again have a registration fee. The registration fee will be $25 per entry. Due to the popularity of the Parade of Lights and the limited space, a registration fee will now be charged to all entries. The registration fee will be applied to the prize money of the first place winners of the eight judging categories. Registration fees will not be collected until an entry has been officially confirmed for participation into the parade.
Entry deadline is Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 5 p.m. OR when all entry space is reserved.
Entry Sign-Up Procedure
1. Read the Parade Entry Information Sheet for all dates, rules and regulations
2. Complete the Parade Entry Application or the Parade Entry Online Application
3. Wait for the entry confirmation to be sent via email to Parade Entry contact person.
- all further details, including payment, will be provided to Parade Entry
contact person by email or phone
4. A Wait List will be available for entries should space fill up
**PLEASE NOTE - The total number of entries allowed in this year's parade, is dependent upon sizes of the accepted entries**
All entries have the option of being judged before the parade begins. Please review the categories carefully and choose only one that best suits your entry. Entries choosing to be judged will be considered for Judge's Choice and Pride of Chandler: All-America City!
- Best Lit Musical or Dance Group
- Best Lit Community Group
- Best Lit Automotive Group
- Best Lit Business Entry
- Best Lit Animal Entry
- Best Lit Mascot
- Biggest and Brightest
New Parade Route Announced for 2018!
The parade will now be a .75 mile route from Frye Road to Erie Street along Arizona Avenue.
Guests attending the event are strongly encouraged to carpool and arrive early to find parking. There are several locations to park at throughout the Downtown area. Please visit the parade overview map to see these exact locations. Suggested routes to access each parking site is also listed.
P1 - Ports America Parking Structure
- Enter Structure from Chandler Blvd. & either Washington St. or Colorado St.
P2 - Transportation Parking Lot
- Enter Lot from Chandler Blvd. & Delaware St. to Buffalo St.
P3 - City Parking Lots
- Enter Lot from Chandler Blvd. & Delaware St.
P4 - Downtown Library Parking Lots
- Enter Lot from Chandler Blvd. to Delaware St. & Boston St.
P5 - First Credit Union Parking Structure
- Enter Structure from Chandler Blvd. to Delaware St. & Boston St.
P6 - City Hall Parking Garage
- Enter Structure from Frye Rd. & Washington St.
- This Structure will be closed from 6:30-8:30pm and no vehicles can enter or exit during this time
P7 - Site 6 East Side Parking Lot
- Enter Lot from Frye Rd.& Oregon St., make right onto Chicago St., lot on left hand side
P8 - Site 6 West Side Parking Lot
- Enter Lot from Frye Rd. & California St., make right onto Chicago St., lot on left hand side
P9 - Site 7
- Enter Lot from East Bound Chandler Blvd. & Washington St., make right into lot
Supplemental Parking Locations
Additional parking may be available in these locations. Please follow all traffic laws when crossing all streets to get to the event area.
Chandler High School North Parking Lot - Map
- Enter from Chandler Blvd. and Erie St.
Folley Park - Map
*Enter from McQueen Rd. and Frye Rd. or Pecos Rd. and Hamilton St.
Tech Shop - Map
*Enter from Chandler Blvd. and Delaware St.
**Please be aware that Arizona Ave. will be closed from Chandler Blvd. to Frye Rd. from approximately Noon to 10 pm**
The Parade of Lights is continually seeking interested individuals, organizations and companies who want to sponsor our great festival with either in-kind services or monetary donations. The benefits of being a sponsor range from on-stage logo recognition and announcements during the festival to name and/or logo recognition on flyers, posters, postcards, websites, press releases, festival program, and much more. Benefits vary based on sponsorship levels. For more information on becoming a sponsor, please call 480-782-2665, email Hermelinda.Llamas@chandleraz.gov.
For more information or questions about this event, please email or call 480-782-2669.
The City of Chandler welcomes participation from all of its citizens. To request an accommodation due to a disability please allow at five (5) days prior to the scheduled event. Contact the City's Special Event Coordinator at 480-782-2665 (or 711 via AZ Relay Service) or email@example.com.