The City of Chandler’s Economic Development Division, in partnership with the Industrial Development Authority, has initiated a “Choose Chandler” reimbursement grant program to assist small businesses with costs incurred from purchasing personal protective equipment (PPE). Qualifying Chandler businesses can apply for a "Choose Chandler" grant in amounts between $100 and $500. The Chandler Industrial Development Authority has made a total of $200,000 available for the program. Business owners must submit an application for reimbursement, receipt(s) detailing PPE purchase(s) and a business W9.
Following submittal and review of complete applications, the grants will be awarded.
To qualify, small businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Be a private, for-profit business located within Chandler city limits;
- 100 employees or fewer citywide, including all commonly owned/managed businesses
- Not affiliated with another business under common ownership/management that has applied for Chandler IDA PPE grant funds
- Have a start date prior to March 11, 2020, and;
- Be registered with the City’s Business Registration Program.
Reimbursable purchases include the items and services listed below that were procured after March 11, 2020.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), professional cleaning and disinfection services purchased as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and to comply with the State of Arizona and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reopening guidelines.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks, face shields, gloves, hand sanitizer, sneeze guards, washable and disposable restaurant menus, and disinfectant products.
- PPE purchase price and shipping & handling will be reimbursed, sales tax will not.
Applications will be accepted beginning June 15 and reimbursement opportunities will be available until grant funds are exhausted. Grant requests will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis and only one application will be accepted per business. The “Choose Chandler” grant program will be administered by City staff.
Email your completed application, receipts and W-9 to the Economic Development Division.