In response to the executive order signed yesterday by Governor Doug Ducey, the City of Chandler announces the following changes to events, facility operations and customer services:
- The “drive-in” style July 4th Fireworks Spectacular scheduled for Tumbleweed Park on Saturday evening is canceled.
- The Tumbleweed Recreation Center, including the Fitness Floor, is closed except for summer recreational programs and classes.
- Aquatic centers and pools remain open for regularly scheduled classes and programs, and capacity will be further reduced for open swim sessions. Reservations are required for open swim sessions and lifeguards will help to limit the number of people congregating around pool amenities (i.e. diving boards, slides, lazy river, etc.). To make a reservation, visit bit.ly/2ND6R1C.
- Capacity at the Chandler Tennis Center will be reduced through the implementation of online reservations for open play. Reservations can be made online at chandleraz.gov/tennis or by calling 480-782-2650.
- Reservations for park pavilions and athletic fields will be limited to groups of 50 people or fewer.
- Starting July 1, all four Chandler Public Libraries will return to a reduced services status with only lobbies open for item returns and hold pickups.
Additional information on City services, visit our COVID-19 Updates page.