The athletic accomplishments of eight individuals and six teams will be celebrated during the 14th Annual Chandler Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Luncheon to be held at 11 a.m., Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018, at the Chandler Center for the Arts. Special recognition also will be given to every one of Coach Mike Woods' State Championship baseball teams from Hamilton High School.
"We're excited to celebrate and honor this year's inductees," says Marcus Williams, co-chair of the Chandler Sports Hall of Fame Committee. "Each of these athletes has made outstanding strides within their sport, and it is a point of pride that they call Chandler their hometown."
The 2017 Chandler Sports Hall of Fame inductees are:
- Chanel Brown, Volleyball, University of Florida, University of Arizona and Pepperdine
- Hannah Carson, Track & Field, Texas Tech University and Team USA
- Coach Stephen Carson, Track & Field, Chandler High School
- Tony Cascio, Soccer, UCONN, Colorado Rapids, Houston Dynamo, and Orlando City FC
- Glenn Love, Football, UCLA, Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL), Calgary Stampede (CFL)
- Sidney Parsons, Basketball, University of Bridgeport (CT), Southwest Metro Pirates (Australia), SV Halle Lions (Germany)
- Paul Perkins, Football, UCLA, New York Giants
- Coach Mike Woods, Baseball, Hamilton High School
In addition to inducting eight individual athletes and coaches, the Chandler Sports Hall of Fame also is honoring six championship baseball teams from Hamilton High School, led by Coach Woods in 2003, 2004, 2008, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
Established in 2004, the Chandler Sports Hall of Fame, along with the Chandler Museum, celebrates the rich history of Chandler athletics by honoring those teams, athletes, coaches and administrators that have brought state-wide and national recognition to the City of Chandler through their exceptional talent.
Tickets for the event, which includes both the induction ceremony and luncheon, are $15 (plus service charge) and available through the Center's box office, 250 N. Arizona Ave., and online at Chandler Museum.