CHANDLER, Ariz. — The City of Chandler and nonprofit For Our City-Chandler are once again organizing the largest school supply drive in the East Valley to benefit Chandler students in need. Donations are being requested to ensure Chandler students have essential school supplies to be ready for the upcoming school year.
Local organizations, employee groups and the general public also may organize backpack or school supply drives with (brand new only) items through Thursday, June 23. The following items are requested:
- Packs of no. 2 pencils (12 ct.)
- Boxes of crayons (24 ct.)
- Packs of colored pencils
- Packs of washable markers
- Pens (blue or black only)
- Bottles of glue (4 oz.)
- Pink erasers
- Pencil boxes or pouches
- Glue sticks
- Index cards
- Flash drives
- Twin-pocket folders
- Composition books
- Books (preschool reading level)
- Spiral notebooks (wide or college ruled)
- Packs of notebook paper (wide or college ruled)
- Youth shoes, socks, underwear and uniforms in any size for boys or girls
Donated items may be dropped off on the following dates:
- Wednesday, June 22 from 8-10 a.m. at 650 S. Cooper Road, Chandler
- Wednesday, June 22 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Chandler City Hall Parking Garage, 240 S. Washington St.
- Thursday, June 23 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Chandler City Hall Parking Garage, 240 S. Washington St.
Be sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your day and time of drop-off, so staff will be available to help unload your vehicle.
This year’s Operation Back to School Chandler event will take place at Chandler High School, 350 N. Arizona Ave., from 8-10 a.m. Saturday, July 16, with seamless drive-up service. Invitations to students to attend the day-of event are currently being distributed by Chandler Unified School District.
City of Chandler, Public Information Officer
For Our City-Chandler