Local Motors signs lease for new headquarters location in Chandler

Dec. 14, 2020
Olli, a 3D printed, autonomous, electric shuttle

Local Motors signed a 10,000-square-foot lease at Chandler Tech Center, which is located at 7400 W. Detroit St. This new headquarters location will have 80 percent of the building dedicated to office space with the remaining 20 percent reserved for research and development.

Local Motors is developing the Olli, a 3D printed, autonomous, electric shuttle. The vehicle has been deployed at locations around the globe, including hospitals, campuses, bases, and universities.

Chandler has developed a growing cluster of automotive technology companies, with technology giants like Waymo choosing Chandler to test out their latest autonomous vehicle technology. There are multiple other companies in Chandler involved in various stages of the automotive technology supply chain, such as NXP, Garmin, Maxim Integrated, Intel, Rogers, and ARM.

“Chandler has been focused on growing our autonomous vehicle industry and we are excited to see Local Motors sign this new lease in our community,” stated Chandler Mayor Kevin Hartke. “We look forward to working alongside Local Motors as they continue to innovate with new products and we wish them many years of success at their new headquarters in Chandler.”

“We are very excited to be moving into our new headquarters in Chandler, said Local Motors President, Vikrant Aggarwal. “Chandler is building an amazing ecosystem of technology companies that will allow us to accelerate our product and technology roadmaps.” 

 

About Local Motors:
Local Motors by LM Industries Group Inc. is a ground mobility company focused on empowering communities through innovative and locally-relevant vehicles. Founded in 2007 with a belief in open collaboration, Local Motors began low volume vehicle manufacturing of open-source designs using multiple microfactories. Since inception, Local Motors has debuted no less than three world firsts; the world's first co-created vehicle, the world's first 3D-printed car and the world's first co-created, autonomous, electric vehicle, Olli. We believe that Olli is the answer to a sustainable, accessible mobility solution for all. For more information, visit Local Motors.

About the City of Chandler:
Chandler, Ariz. has built a reputation as a
Community of Innovation. Life in Chandler goes beyond a thriving and dynamic business community with progressive entrepreneurship. Known for its rich diversity, the City offers an outstanding quality of life for all generations with great schools and recreational opportunities. Chandler has grown to become the state's fourth largest City with a population of more than 266,000. Chandler has been named one of the nation's Best Places to Find a Job and Best Cities for Women in Tech. The City also is one of the safest communities in the nation and boasts AAA bond ratings from all three national rating agencies, one of only 40 communities to achieve this distinction. For more information, visit the City website, or connect with the City on social media.

 

Media contacts:      
Kat Dransfield

Local Motors, VP of Product

480-238-4326 cell

Stephanie Romero
City of Chandler, Public Information Officer
480-782-2231