The Chandler City Council met at 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 27, taking action on a total of 21 agenda items. Meeting highlights included:
- Approved a Preliminary Development Plan for Arches Climbing + Fitness, an indoor rock climbing and fitness facility, and conceptual site plan for future office and commercial, located north of the northwest corner of Gilbert and Ryan roads.
- Approved a facility use agreement with Future Stars Sports Events, LLC, for the use of Snedigar Sportsplex for youth softball tournaments.
- Approved the use of Maricopa County Detention Services for the booking and housing of inmates, in an amount not to exceed an aggregate of $1,477,573 for one year.
- Approved an Intergovernmental Agreement with City of Phoenix for fire and emergency medical dispatch services for Fiscal Year 2020-2021 in the amount of $1,237,735.27.
- Approved an agreement with Daniel Peterson, DBA Southwest Umpires Association, for professional softball umpire services for the period of Sept. 1, 2020 through Aug. 31, 2021, in an amount not to exceed $65,000.
- Approved a Professional Services Agreement with Wilson Engineers, LLC for freeway waterline and sewer rehabilitation design services for the Loop 101 and Loop 202, in an amount not to exceed $697,930.
- Authorized the purchase of Dell laptop computers and peripherals utilizing the State of Arizona contract, in an amount not to exceed $4,232,356.
- Authorized the purchase of Microsoft Office 365 software licenses from CDW-G, utilizing the State of Arizona contract in an amount not to exceed $211,040.
- Approved an agreement with Work Group Connections, Inc. for Office 365 implementation and migration consulting in the amount of $211,040.
- Approved a Use Permit for Happy Pets Palace and Playground, to continue outdoor dog play yards to operate together with a dog daycare, overnight boarding and training facility located at the northeast corner of Pecos and McQueen roads.
- Recommended a Series 12, restaurant liquor license be approved by the State Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for The Perch, located at 232 S. Wall Street.
- Recommended a Series 10, beer and wine store liquor license be approved by the State Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for Aldi, located at 2844 S. Alma School Rd.
- Recommended a Series 11, Hotel/Motel liquor license be approved by the State Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for Holiday Inn at Ocotillo, located at 1200 W. Ocotillo Rd.
The meeting adjourned at 6:13 p.m.
During a Study Session on Monday, Aug. 24, the Mayor and Council honored Rosalinda Berrelleza with the Neighborhood Resources Department for 20 years of dedicated service.
In addition, a Public Housing Authority Commission meeting and a Special Meeting to accept the official Primary Election results, electing three councilmembers, took place before the Study Session.
The next meeting of the City Council will be at 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 14. Council meetings are aired live, as well as replayed on the Chandler Channel, Cable Channel 11 (CenturyLink Channel 8502), and streamed online at chandleraz.gov/video and on YouTube at youtube.com/cityofchandler.
Note: These are not official meeting minutes of the City Council but rather a brief recap of the Council’s actions provided as a courtesy of the Chandler Communications and Public Affairs Department.
The City Clerk’s office posts official meeting results the morning following Council meetings. For a complete list of actions taken, visit chandleraz.gov/agendas.
Throughout the agenda, items are posted in red to signify any changes made at the meeting, and who voted no, or abstained.
For past City Council meeting minutes visit chandleraz.gov or contact the City Clerk’s office at 480-782-2180. For any other information, contact the Communications and Public Affairs Department at 480-782-2000.
Public Information Officer
City of Chandler