The Chandler City Council met at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 11, taking action on a total of 18 agenda items. Meeting highlights included:
- Approved an Intergovernmental Agreement with Maricopa County for a Regional Emergency Action Coordinating Team (REACT) Integrated Corridor Agreement Pilot for the Loop 101 Price Freeway.
- Approved two items related to the Chandler La Paglia High School project (southwest corner of Gilbert and Ocotillo roads): the Area Plan Amendment, rezoning from Agricultural District to Planned Area Development for professional offices and institutional/educational uses and Preliminary Development Plan for the High School Seminary and Professional Offices, as well as an Ordinance to approve annexation and initial City zoning for the site.
- Approved two agreements for water meters. One was an agreement with metering Services, Inc. for small water meter installation, repair and consulting services in an amount not to exceed $490,820. A second agreement was approved with Core and Main, LP, for the purchase of water meters. This agreement increases the original contract amount to $5,509,180 for a two year period.
- Approved a construction contract with Cactus Asphalt, a Division of Cactus Transport, Inc. for the Alley Rehabilitation PM10 Dust Emissions Project, in an amount not to exceed $2,077,524.50. In addition, approved a professional services agreement with Tristar Engineering and Management, Inc. for project construction management services in an amount not to exceed $226,618.88.
- Approved a construction contract with Archer Western Construction, LLC for water line replacement on Chandler Blvd., from Chippewa Place to Meadows Drive, in an amount not to exceed $1,202,980. In addition, approved a professional services agreement with Wilson Engineers, LLC, for the project construction management services in an amount not to exceed $105,730.
- Approved an ordinance granting three irrigation easements to Roosevelt Water Conservation District to accommodate the Cooper Road Improvement Project from Alamosa Drive to Riggs Road.
- Approved the adoption of updated versions for Public Works design and construction standards for the Unified Construction Manual
- Recommended a Series 10, beer and wine store liquor license be approved by the State Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for:
- 99 Ranch Market #53, located at 1920 W. Chandler Blvd.
The meeting adjourned at 6:23 p.m.
- During a Study Session on Monday, Feb. 8, the Mayor and Council proclaimed February as Black History Month in Chandler and recognized:
- Craig Younger, Communications and Public Affairs, for his 25 years of service to the City of Chandler, as well as recognition of his upcoming retirement.
- Chandler and Hamilton High School football teams. Chandler High School won the State Championship football game, and Hamilton High School was the runner up.
- Chandler Public Safety shade structure for an award from the Arizona Institute of Architects.
Photos from the Study Session may be downloaded at facebook.com/pg/cityofchandleraz/photos/
The next meetings of the City Council will be a study session, at 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 22, 2021.
Council meetings are aired live, as well as replayed on the Chandler Channel, Cable Channel 11 (CenturyLink Channel 8502), and streamed online at chandleraz.gov/video and on YouTube at youtube.com/cityofchandler.
Note: These are not official meeting minutes of the City Council but rather a brief recap of the Council’s actions provided as a courtesy of the Chandler Communications and Public Affairs Department.
The City Clerk’s office posts official meeting results the morning following Council meetings. For a complete list of actions taken, visit chandleraz.gov/agendas. Throughout the agenda, items are posted in red to signify any changes made at the meeting, and who voted no, or abstained.
For past City Council meeting minutes, visit chandleraz.gov or contact the City Clerk’s office at 480-782-2180. For any other information, contact the Communications and Public Affairs Department at 480-782-2000.
Public Information Officer
City of Chandler