The Chandler City Council met at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020, taking action on 26 agenda items. Meeting highlights included:
- Approved the Transportation Master Plan 2019 Update, which includes roadway, transit and bicycle and pedestrian elements, as well as a new section on Leveraging Technology in Transportation.
- Approved a construction contract for the McClintock Drive and Kyrene Road Bike Lane project in an amount not to exceed $4,736,900.12, with AJP Electric, Inc. Council also approved two additional agreements related to this bike lane project: construction management services in an amount not to exceed $564,615.53 with Consultant Engineering, Inc.; and post-design services in an amount not to exceed $39,500 with Aztec Engineering, Inc.
- Approved the purchase of playground products and services in an amount not to exceed $450,000 with Exerplay, Inc., FlexGround, LLC, Miracle Playground Sales, and Shade N’ Net of Arizona, Inc. The contracts will provide the City with four contractors for repairs and replacement of park amenities, shade structures and playground equipment.
- Approved a use permit for Silverleaf Coach to operate a motorhome repair facility at 4145 W. Mercury Way, within Stellar Airpark, south of Chandler Boulevard and west of McClintock Drive.
- Approved final plats for Asher Pointe Phase 1 and Phase 2, a 92.5 acre single-family residential subdivision located on the northeast corner of Riggs Road and Arizona Avenue.
- Approved an agreement with Skaggs Companies Inc., for police uniforms and increasing the existing spending limit by $305,000 for a revised amount not to exceed $455,000.
- Approved a contract with Grainger, Inc., for the purchase of maintenance, repair and operational supplies in an amount not to exceed $300,000.
- Recommended a special event liquor license be approved by the State Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for:
- Chandler Chamber Ostrich Festival on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, March 13-15 at Tumbleweed Park, 745 E. Germann Road.
- Recommended liquor licenses be approved by the State Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for:
- Series 10, Beer and wine Store Liquor License for Family Dollar Store #25024, located at 1027 N. Arizona Ave.
- Series 12, Restaurant Liquor License for Downtown Chandler Steakhouse, opening soon at 180 S. Arizona Ave., Suite 106.
- Series 12, Restaurant Liquor License for La Ristra, located at 140 N. Arizona Ave., Suite 110.
- Recommended temporary extension of premises be approved by the State Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for:
- Series 7, for Sleepy Whale, 290 S. Arizona Ave., Suite A, for the 1st Annual Field Day on Saturday, March 21, and Sunday, March 22.
- Series 6, for Fibber Magee’s, 1989 W. Elliot Road, Suite 19, for Fibber Magee’s Annual Saint Patrick’s Day Festival on Tuesday, March 17.
- Series 7, for Vinum 55 Chandler, 2577 W. Queen Creek Road, Suite 112, for a Wine Event on Saturday, Feb. 29.
Prior to adjournment, the Council held a public hearing on the annexation of approximately 4.62 acres located south of the southeast corner of McQueen and Via de Palmas roads.
During a Study Session on Monday, Feb. 10, the Mayor and Council proclaimed February as Black History Month in Chandler and recognized:
- City of Chandler employees for winning the Move It Maricopa Challenge.
- Chandler Raiders, the NFL Flag Football Champions for youth age 12.
- 2019 Parade of Lights decorating winners.
Photos from the Study Session may be downloaded at facebook.com/pg/cityofchandleraz/photos/
The next meeting of the City Council will be a study session at 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 24. Council meetings are aired live, as well as replayed on the Chandler Channel, Cable Channel 11 (CenturyLink Channel 8002), and streamed online at chandleraz.gov/video and on YouTube at youtube.com/cityofchandler.
Note: These are not official meeting minutes of the City Council but rather a brief recap of the Council’s actions provided as a courtesy of the Chandler Communications and Public Affairs Department.
The City Clerk’s office posts official meeting results the morning following Council meetings. For a complete list of actions taken, visit chandleraz.gov/agendas.
Throughout the agenda, items are posted in red to signify any changes made at the meeting, and who voted no, or abstained.
For past City Council meeting minutes visit chandleraz.gov or contact the City Clerk’s office at 480-782-2180. For any other information, contact the Communications and Public Affairs Department at 480-782-2000.