CHANDLER, Ariz. – The Chandler City Council met at 6 p.m. Thursday, July 14, taking action on a total of 29 agenda items. Meeting highlights included:
- Approved the Active Transportation Project Agreement between the Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG) and the City of Chandler to develop a project assessment for enhanced bicycle and pedestrian facilities and potential traffic calming elements on Hunt Highway, from Cooper Road to Val Vista Drive, in the amount of $70,000.
- Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager or his designee to submit an application to U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for HUD's Rental Assistance Demonstration program and to implement the redevelopment of the Chandler Public Housing Portfolio with the City of Chandler Housing and Redevelopment Division as Developer/Co-Developer, and authorizing the City Manager to take all actions necessary to implement and operate all phases of the redevelopment and disburse public housing and/or affordable housing funds for related projects.
- Adopted a resolution designating the Southside Village Neighborhood, located in the southeast quadrant of Arizona Avenue and Frye Road and bounded by Arizona Avenue to the Union Pacific Railroad tracks and by Frye Road to Pecos Road, as a Historic Conservation District.
- Approved the Board and Commission appointments as recommended.
- Approved an agreement with Lyft, Inc., for the First Mile, Last Mile Program, in an amount not to exceed $50,000, for the period of one year, beginning July 21, 2022, through July 20, 2023.
- Approved an agreement with BrightView Landscape Services, Inc., for park mowing services, increasing the spending limit by $189,410, for a revised amount not to exceed $989,366.
- Approved a Preliminary Development Plan for Andy's Frozen Custard for site layout and building architecture for a new drive-thru restaurant, located at McQueen Road and Chandler Blvd., subject to the conditions as recommended by Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Approved the Fiscal Year 2022-23 agreement with the Greater Phoenix Economic Council for regional economic development services, in the amount of $137,209, for the period of July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023.
- Adopted a resolution to approve an Emergency Cooperation Agreement with Dignity Health, authorizing the City Manager to execute the Agreement, and authorizing the Fire Chief to implement the provisions of the Agreement.
- Adopted a resolution authorizing the Chandler Fire Department to extend the term of the agreement with Phoenix Children's Hospital, Inc., to allow clinical training and education for paramedic students to aid in meeting paramedic program requirements.
- Approved the sole source purchase of extractors, from Coin & Professional Equipment Co., in the amount of $147,952.
- Approved the purchase of SolarWinds software annual maintenance, from SHI International in the amount of $74,701, for the term of August 18, 2022, through August 17, 2023.
- Approved the purchase of office supplies from Staples Business Advantage for the period of April 1, 2022, through March 31, 2023, in an amount not to exceed $220,000.
- Recommended a Series 12 restaurant liquor license be approved by the State Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for Hi 5 Sushi, LLC, located at 225 W. Warner Road, Suite 3.
- Approved an agreement with In-Pipe Technology, LLC, and USP Technologies, LLC, for collection system odor and corrosion control, in a combined amount not to exceed $750,000, for a one-year period, July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023.
- Awarded a Professional Services Agreement to GHD, Inc., for the Water Main Replacement 2022 Design Services, in an amount not to exceed $808,781.50.
- Awarded a Project Agreement to Felix Construction Company for the Hunt Highway Water Production Facility Ground Subsidence Mitigation, in an amount not to exceed $466,622.
- Awarded a Professional Services Agreement to Dibble & Associates Consulting Engineers, Inc., for the Price Road Frontage Road Sewer Rehabilitation Design Services, in an amount not to exceed $270,000.
- Awarded a Project Agreement to PCL Construction, Inc. for the Pecos Surface Water Treatment Plant Filter Improvements – Phase 1, in an amount not to exceed $1,894,778.44.
- Awarded a Project Agreement to PCL Construction, Inc. for the Pecos Surface Water Treatment Plant Filter Improvements – Phase 2, in an amount not to exceed $1,684,593.88.
- Awarded a Professional Services Agreement to Hazen and Sawyer, P.C., for the Pecos Surface Water Treatment Plant Filter Media Replacement Construction Management Services, in an amount not to exceed $412,305.
- Awarded a Professional Services Agreement to Arcadis U.S., Inc., for the Hunt Highway Water Production Facility Ground Subsidence Mitigation Construction Management Services, in an amount not to exceed $164,796.
- Awarded a Construction Manager at Risk Contract to MGC Contractors, Inc., for the Sewer Lift Station Rehabilitation Pre-Construction Services, in an amount not to exceed $104,476.81.
- Approved the purchase of traffic signal maintenance services from Roadway Electric, LLC and from CS Construction, Inc. in a combined amount not to exceed $150,000, for the period of July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023.
The Regular City Council meeting adjourned at 6:21 p.m.
During a Study Session held on Monday, July 11, Mayor Harkte and the Council recognized Jason Crampton from the City’s Transportation Policy Division for 15 years of dedicated service.
Two proclamations were also announced:
- Week of July 28-31, 2022, for welcoming the 2022 Southwest District of Kiwanis International Convention Weekend
- August 2022 as Drowning Impact Awareness Month
The next meeting of the Chandler City Council will be at 6 p.m. Monday, August 15. Council meetings are aired live, as well as replayed on the Chandler Channel - Cable Channel 11, streamed online at chandleraz.gov/video and on YouTube at youtube.com/cityofchandler.
City of Chandler, Communications Manager