The Chandler City Council met at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 25, taking action on a total of 41 agenda items. Meeting highlights included:
- Approved an ordinance establishing the Property Tax Levy for FY2020-21. The City Council approved a 0.0080 cent reduction in the combined property tax rate from $1.1281 to $1.1201 per $100 of Assessed Valuation.
- Approved a resolution to authorize a grant application to the Land and Water Conservation Fund for Homestead North Park development on the southwest corner of Frye and Cooper roads.
- Authorized use agreements between the City of Chandler and Central Arizona Community College (CACC). The four contacts authorize Chandler Police Department to utilize the CACC Public Safety Training Facility for its 2021 Advanced Officer Training in February 2021.
- Approved a resolution authorizing the Enhanced Municipal Service District (EMSD) Agreement for Fiscal Year 2020-21 between the City of Chandler and the Downtown Chandler Community Partnership, and authorizing the City’s voluntary contribution to the EMSD in the amount of $118,804.
- Approved a resolution allocating FY2020-21 HOME Investment Partnership Funds from the Cranston-Gonzalez National Affordable Housing Act through the Maricopa HOME Consortium.
- Approved a resolution that adopts and authorizes the submittal of the Community Development Grant 2020-2025 Five-Year Consolidated Plan and FY 2020-21 Annual Action Plan to HUD.
- Authorized the allocation of FY2020-21 General Fund dollars in the amount of $1,182,294 in accordance with the recommendations of the Chandler Housing and Human Services Commission and staff.
- Approved a resolution to rezone from Planned Area Development (PAD) to Amended PAD for multi-family residential with a Mid-Rise Overlay, as well as approving the Preliminary Development Plan for site layout and building design. The property is located on 17.96 acres, located south of Frye Road between Ellis and 94th streets.
- Approved a resolution to receive the Award for the Bureau of Justice Assistance FY20 Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding Program in the amount of $134,282. Funds will be used to purchase video conferencing equipment to facilitate communications and response planning.
- Authorized the Development Services Director to extend construction or building permit related deadlines during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
- Approved an agreement with Larry H. Miller Ford Mesa, for auto body service, in a combined amount not to exceed $250,000.
- Approved agreements with Universal Police Supply and Skaggs Companies for police supplies, outer vest carriers and uniforms for the period from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021.
- Approved agreement with Reyes and Sons Landscaping, LLC, for landscape maintenance for a one year period in an amount not to exceed $1,454,632.40.
- Approved an agreement with nine vendors for the purchase of water treatment chemicals, in a combined amount not to exceed $8,550 000. These agreements will be used to purchase bulk and packaged water and wastewater treatment chemicals for use at the City’s treatment facilities and swimming pools.
- Approved two Professional Services Agreements for improvements to Alma School Road from Pecos Rd. to Germann Rd. The agreements with Ritoch Powell & Associates and Wood Environmental and Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. are in a combined total amount not to exceed $413,934.
- Approved an employment agreement with City Clerk Dana DeLong for a term of July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021, with an annual salary of $137,200.64.
- Approved an employment agreement with City Attorney Kelly Schwab for a term of July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021, with an annual salary of $196,950.61.
- Approved the transfer of funds of Councilmember McClymonds unspent General Fund Councilmember funds of $4,940 to Neighborhood Resources. The funds will be distributed AZCEND in the amount of $2,440 for its food bank and Chandler Men of Action in the amount $2,500 for the Operation Back to School program.
The meeting adjourned at 6:18 p.m.
During a Study Session on Monday, June 22, the Mayor and Council honored Mickey Ohland with the Community Services Department for 25 years of dedicated service.
In addition a Public Housing Authority Commission meeting took place before the Study Session.
The next meeting of the City Council will be at 6 p.m. Monday, July 13. Council meetings are aired live, as well as replayed on the Chandler Channel, Cable Channel 11 (CenturyLink Channel 8502), and streamed online at chandleraz.gov/video and on YouTube at youtube.com/cityofchandler.
Public Information Officer
City of Chandler