- Adopted an ordinance to amend the City Code to change certain water, wastewater, reclaimed water and solid waste fees effective July 1, 2022.
- Approved a construction contract change order with Achen-Gardner Construction, LLC, in the amount of $800,000, for a revised contract amount not to exceed $7,411,575.10. The construction contract is for waterline rehabilitation for the Loop 101 and Loop 202 freeways. The change order will cover additional costs due to unforeseen conditions of the waterline casings, additional material and additional work required to provide reliable and robust water services to customers. An additional 35 calendar days has been added to the project.
- Introduced and tentatively adopted the ordinance approving Veneto, rezoning from Agriculture-1 to Planned Area Development for a medium-density residential home development located on the northeast corner or Alma School and Pecos roads; approved preliminary development plan for Veneto site layout and building architecture, subject to the conditions as recommended by the Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Approved the purchase of:
- Video camera equipment from BKW Incorporated, in an amount not to exceed $59,991.
- Painting and related services from Ghaster Painting & Coatings, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $100,000.
- Approved agreements for:
- Janitorial services with Allied Universal Janitorial Services, in an amount not to exceed $454,900.
- Insurance broker services with Arthur J. Gallaher Risk Management Services, in an amount not to exceed $27,000 from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023.
- Actuarial services with Oliver Wyman Actuarial Consulting, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $11,592.74 from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023.
- Refuse and recycling containers with Sierra Container Group, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $325,000, from May 15, 2022 through May 14, 2023.
- Approved a professional services agreement with Project Engineering Consultants, Ltd., for the Manhole Assessments 2022 Design Services.
- Recommended a Series 12 restaurant liquor license be approved by the State Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for Trustup International, LLC, DBA Sushi Green, located at 2990 E. Germann Road, Suite 5.
During Thursday’s meeting, a public hearing was held for the 2022-2023 Annual Assessment for the Downtown Chandler Enhanced Municipal Services District. The annual assessment was approved.
The meeting adjourned at 6:26 p.m.
At the Study Session, the Mayor and City Council honored:
- George Tole, Police, for his 20 years of service
- Dawn Lang, Deputy City Manager and Chief Financial Officer, for her 15 years of service
At the Study Session, the Mayor and City Council proclaimed:
- May 2022, as Building Safety Month
- May 2022 as Water Safety Month
In addition, the following received recognition:
- Valley Christian High School Boys Basketball for winning the 3A State Championship and Girls Volleyball for winning the 3A State Championship
The next meeting of the Chandler City Council will be at 6 p.m. Monday, May 23. Council meetings are aired live, as well as replayed on the Chandler Channel - Cable Channel 11, streamed online at chandleraz.gov/video and on YouTube at youtube.com/cityofchandler.
- 30 -
Note: These are not official meeting minutes of the City Council but rather a brief recap of the Council’s actions provided as a courtesy of the Chandler Communications and Public Affairs Department.
The City Clerk’s office posts official meeting results the morning following Council meetings. For a complete list of actions taken, visit chandleraz.gov/MeetingsAndAgendas. Throughout the agenda, items are posted in red to signify any changes made at the meeting, and who voted no, or abstained.
For past City Council meeting minutes, visit chandleraz.gov/MeetingsAndAgendas or contact the City Clerk’s Office at 480-782-2180. For any other information, contact the Communications and Public Affairs Department at 480-782-2000.
Public Information Officer