The Chandler City Council met at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 11, taking action on 26 agenda items. Meeting highlights included:
- Awarded a construction contract to Nickle Contracting, LLC, for Tumbleweed Park Multi-Use Fields improvements, in an amount not to exceed $4,056,288.50. Also approved a professional services agreement with Dibble CM, LLC, for construction management services for the Tumbleweed Park Multi-Use Field Improvements project, in an amount not to exceed $325,000.
- Approved the purchase of sport field lighting and installation services from Musco Sports Lighting, LLC, for Tumbleweed Park, in the amount of $658,000, and for Chuparosa Park, in the amount of $408,140.
- Introduced a rezoning ordinance, a preliminary development plan and preliminary PLAT for Mariposa, a 199-lot, single-family residential subdivision located on 24.2 acres at the northwest corner of Queen Creek and Alma School roads.
- Approved a resolution authorizing three Intergovernmental Agreements (IGA) that are necessary for the implementation of the Colorado River Drought Contingency Plan.
- Approved a resolution authorizing an IGA with the City of Mesa relating to cooperative law enforcement training operations between the Chandler Police Department and the Mesa Police Department.
- Authorized payment of Fiscal Year 2019-20 membership dues to the League of Arizona Cities and Towns in the amount of $100,800.
- Approved an agreement with KWALL, LLC, for website development and consulting services in the amount of $42,000.
- Approved an agreement with SGR Media, dba 5 Words Media, for audio consoles and control system equipment for the Chandler Center for the Arts, in the amount of $192,741.46.
- Approved design and construction services contracts with Salt River Project, for the relocation of power distribution facilities to accommodate the Chandler Heights Road Improvements Project, in an amount not to exceed $1,147,679.
- Approved a permanent extension of premises as part of the liquor license for San Tan Brewing Company Inc., at 495 E. Warner Road.
- Recommended liquor licenses be approved by the State Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for:
- Pizza Hut, 2960 S. Alma School Road
- Pizza Hut, 4970 S. Gilbert Road.
During a Regular Meeting on Monday, July 8, the Council took action on three agenda items, including a one year employment contract with City Manager Marsha Reed in the amount of $240,142.
During a Study Session on Monday, July 8, Mayor Kevin Hartke and the City Council recognized retiring employee Toni Bourland, Utility Services, after 25 years of service to the City of Chandler. They also recognized the following 10 employees for their years of service to the City: Larry Yonker, Fleet Services, 20 years; Fire Captain Martin Hernandez, 20 years; Fire Engineer Russell Applegate, 20 years; Fire Engineer Scott Cowden, 20 years; Firefighter Duke Rottweiler, 20 years; Lead Fire Prevention Specialist Joe Silva, 20 years; Police Detective Brendan Busse, 25 years; Police Officer Eddie Cuthbertson, 25 years; Police Officer Scott Williams, 25 years; and Lead Fire Mechanic Rob Boddy, 25 years.
Photos from the Study Session may be viewed on the City’s Facebook page at facebook.com/cityofchandleraz.
The next meeting of the City Council will be a study session at 6 p.m. Monday, June 24. Council meetings are aired live, as well as replayed on The Chandler Channel, Cable Channel 11 (CenturyLink Channel 8002), and streamed on the web at chandleraz.gov/video and on YouTube at youtube.com/cityofchandler.
Note: These are not official meeting minutes of the City Council but rather a brief recap of the Council’s actions provided as a courtesy of the Chandler Communications and Public Affairs Department.
The City Clerk’s office posts official meeting results the morning following Council meetings. For a complete list of actions taken, visit chandleraz.gov/agendas.
Throughout the agenda, items are posted in red to signify any changes made at the meeting, and who voted no, or abstained.
For past City Council meeting minutes visit chandleraz.gov or contact the City Clerk’s office at 480-782-2180. For any other information, contact the Communications and Public Affairs Department at 480-782-2000.