The Chandler City Council met at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 25, taking action on a total of 34 agenda items. Meeting highlights included:
- Approved a Professional Services Agreement with J2 Engineering and Environmental Design for sidewalk improvement design services for Pima Park in an amount not to exceed $39,308.
- Approved the purchase of playground products and services from Bang Associates, Inc.; Exerplay, Inc.; FlexGround, LLC; Miracle Playground Sales, Inc.; Play it Safe Playgrounds and Park Equipment and Shade ’N Net of Arizona, Inc. These contracts, in a combined amount not to exceed $700,000, are for the repairs and replacement of ramadas, park amenities, shade structures, playground surfacing and playgrounds within Chandler's parks.
- Approved rezoning, Preliminary Development Plan and Preliminary Plat for Pecos and McQueen Retail, located at the Southwest Corner of Pecos and McQueen roads.
- Approved a Use Permit for an expansion for Move Human Performance Center, located near Arizona Avenue and Elliot Road.
- Approved an Entertainment Use Permit for Rock Lobster, located on the southwest corner of Queen Creek and Dobson roads.
- Approved an agreement with Atkins North America, Inc. for facility space assessment in an amount not to exceed $85,113. The assessment is for an evaluation of building use and occupancy of the 51 municipal buildings that the City owns and operates.
- Approved an amendment to an agreement with Tex Chevrolet dba Earnhardt Chevrolet; Earnhardt Enterprises dba Earnhardt Toyota Scion; Earnhardt Gilbert Dodge, Inc., dba Earnhardt Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram; Earnhardt Chandler Cadillac, Inc.; Earnhardt Ford Sales Company; and Courtesy Auto of Mesa dba Courtesy Dodge for original equipment manufacturer (OEM) auto parts and service, for a period of one year, April 1, 2021, through March 31, 2022, in a combined total amount not to exceed $350,000.
- Approved an agreement with Senergy Petroleum, LLC; Supreme Oil Co.; and Western Refining Southwest dba Flyers Energy, LLC; for the purchase of fuel, for a three-year period, April 1, 2021, through March 31, 2024, in a combined total amount not to exceed $7,800,000 for the three-year term.
- Approved an agreement with FiveOliver, LLC; Classic Roofing, LLC; National Waterproofing & Roofing, LLC; and Sprayfoam Southwest, Inc., dba Global Roofing Group; for roofing repairs and maintenance of City buildings, in a combined amount not to exceed $860,000, for a one-year term, April 1, 2021, through March 31, 2022.
- Approved the purchase of building assessment services from Faithful + Gould, Inc., in the amount of $64,405. This will allow the completion of Phase 2 of the facility condition assessments of 23 City buildings. The first phase was completed by Faithful & Gould, Inc., in 2020.
- Approved a resolution to authorize the submission of a Governor’s Office of Highway Safety Grant for the Child Safety Seat Clinic program, in the amount of $49,114.
- Approved agreements with Honor Health, Dignity Health and Banner Health to train Chandler Fire paramedic students during their required clinical rotations.
- Approved an agreement with Maricopa Medical for the provision of ambulance services.
- Approved an agreement with Devau for temporary staffing services in an amount not to exceed $1,097,000 for a one-year period.
- Approved the purchase of servers and storage from vCore Technology Partners in the amount of $320,000.
- Approved agreements for the purchase of plumbing and irrigation supplies with Sprinkler World of Arizona, Inc.; Ewing Irrigation and Landscape Supply; Horizon Distribution, LLC; and Best Plumbing Specialties, in an amount not to exceed $250,000.
- Approved the purchase of office supplies from Staples Business Advantage from April 1, 2021 through March 31, 2022, in an amount not to exceed $133,000.
- Approved an agreement with Universal Police Supply Company for police supplies in an amount not to exceed $266,549.25.
- Approved a resolution authorizing the City to submit projects for consideration in Arizona’s Highway Safety Plan.
- Approved the purchase of refuse and recycling containers and parts from Otto Environmental Systems, in an amount not to exceed $325,000.
- Approved two intergovernmental agreements with the Flood District of Maricopa County. One agreement is for the City of Chandler Stormwater Management Master Plan Study. Another agreement is for improvements at the Detroit Basin Area Drainage, also known as Gazelle Meadows Park.
- Approved an agreement with FPS Civil, LLC, for the sewer manhole rehabilitation in an amount not to exceed $1,046,278.53. Also approved an agreement with Dibble CM, LLC, for the sewer manhole rehabilitation construction management services.
- Approved an agreement with DBA Construction, Inc. for the second phase of Quiet Zone improvements at multiple railroad crossings, in an amount not to exceed $1,322,738.40.
- Recommended a Series 12, restaurant liquor license be approved by the State Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for:
- Blacksheep Wine & Merchant, located at 98 S. San Marcos Place.
The meeting adjourned at 6:40 p.m.
- During the Council Meeting, two annexation public hearings were held:
- Approximately 9.0 acres located east of the southeast corner of Cooper and Chandler Heights roads.
- Approximately 5.11 acres located at the southeast corner of Arizona Avenue and Appleby Road.
- During a Study Session on Monday, March 22, 2021, the Mayor and Council recognized:
- Vivian Rivera, Neighborhood Resources (18 years), and Claud Cluff, Community Services (33 years) for their upcoming retirements.
- Rebekah Baranoff, Police, for her 10 years of service to the City of Chandler.
- Elizabeth Denning, Public Works & Utilities, for her 20 years of service to the City of Chandler.
- Chandler’s Purchasing Division for their Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award for the 16th consecutive year.
Photos from the Study Session may be downloaded from Facebook.
The next meetings of the City Council will be a study session, at 6 p.m. Monday, April 5, 2021.
Note: These are not official meeting minutes of the City Council but rather a brief recap of the Council’s actions provided as a courtesy of the Chandler Communications and Public Affairs Department.
The City Clerk’s office posts official meeting results the morning following Council meetings. For a complete list of actions taken, visit Chandler Meetings and Agendas. Throughout the agenda, items are posted in red to signify any changes made at the meeting, and who voted no, or abstained.
For past City Council meeting minutes, visit chandleraz.gov or contact the City Clerk’s Office at 480-782-2180. For any other information, contact the Communications and Public Affairs Department at 480-782-2000.
Public Information Officer
City of Chandler