Temporary Sales and Promotional Event (TSPE) is a special event or combination of special events not exceeding 48 calendar days in any calendar year using private property to display and sell merchandise customarily sold in a store on the premise or activities promoting a special event, product, merchandise or other promotion including, but not limited to grand openings, change of business ownership, business anniversaries and other events on private, nonresidential property.
View the Special Event Application process if you would like your event held on City property, otherwise, you need to apply for a TSPE permit.
The application for a special event must be submitted no less than sixty (60) calendar days prior to the event. Applications for all events shall be reviewed by the applicable Permitting Committee which shall approve, deny or conditionally approve such applications based on the requirements imposed by City Code or other law. In addition, all applications must be approved two weeks prior to the scheduled event and a TSPE Permit issued.
What you need to do
- Fill out the application
- Include a copy of proof of insurance, a summary of the event, written permission from the property owner and a site plan of the property
- Please fill out the Covenant of Indemnification
- If the event includes Mobile Food Units and Vendors, please email TSPE@chandleraz.gov for the Special Event Vendor Registration Form, fill out and email it back in Excel format with the completed application.
- Fill out Open Flame Food/Beverage Vendor Application and/or Generator Permit Application if applicable and pay all Fire Permit Fees.
- Email the complete application to TSPE@chandleraz.gov
- Call our office at 480-782-4320 to schedule an application review meeting
Additional Applicant Resources
- Chandler Fire Department
- Mobile Food Units and Food Vendor Compliance Information