A new route (140) began in 2017 on Ray Road
Chandler worked with Valley Metro to bring a new local bus route to Ray Road through Chandler beginning in October 2017. Bus route 140 runs between 48th Street in Phoenix and Gilbert Road in Gilbert. Service runs every 30 minutes Monday through Saturday. The new route connects to Chandler’s Express Route 541 at Arizona Avenue and Ray Road, plus local routes 56, 66, 72, 81, 96, 104, 108, 112 and 136.
Service enhancements also occurred on Route 112 (Arizona Avenue) in October. Bus 112 now operates every 15 minutes weekdays. Visit valleymetro.org for more information.
Dial-A-Ride/ Paratransit Changes
In mid-2017, Valley Metro Dial-a-Ride serving Northwest Valley, East Valley and Regional transitioned to Valley Metro Paratransit along with a new service provider and new vehicles.
- This service transitioned to the name "Valley Metro Paratransit" and fleet vehicles have a new paint scheme that incorporates the updated color scheme and logo on both mini-vans and cutaway buses.
- This fleet is fully accessible.
- Riders now are able to check status and cancel trips using their phone. Riders receive automatic notifications about service by phone, text or email.
- Riders can find out more by calling Transdev at the number listed below.
- New phone number for East Valley, Northwest Valley and Regional Paratransit services is: 602-716-2200 or TTY 602-716-2118.
- When there is higher demand for service, AAA Transportation Services will deploy cabs (Yellow Cab) to provide trips.
- Changes in service and a list of answers to frequently asked questions can be found at ADA Paratransit.
Chandler Family Bike Ride
Family time is the best time; and here in Chandler, we’re all family. Every April, in conjunction with Valley Bike Month, the City of Chandler hosts a Family Bike Ride. The event is free and participants will receive a free T-shirt while supplies last, light refreshments, along with information about bicycle safety, transit services and related topics. All riders must wear helmets.