The Chandler Museum is a cultural destination unlike any other with engaging, community-focused programs and forums, as well as world-class traveling exhibits.
A Chandler citizens' task force first identified the need for a new museum in 1982. Voters passed two bond elections, in 2004 and 2007, in support of a larger building that serves the entire community.
The Chandler Museum resided in the historic 3,300-square-foot McCullough-Price House, located on the southwest corner of Frye Road and Chandler Village Dr., across from Chandler Fashion Center. The new museum will be a 10,000-square-foot building on the same property, just north of the historic house with nearly 13,000 square feet of outdoor spaces, including a 10,000 square-foot courtyard that is the heart of the project, tying the two buildings together and providing a shaded gathering place for visitors and outdoor programming.
The renovations to the historic house create a formal state-of-the-art research and archive site for the Museum while maintaining its status on the National Register of Historic Places. Together, the project establishes a City of Chandler iconic cultural facility on the west side of Chandler that takes advantage of easy access to the 101 and 202 freeways, proximity to vast shopping and dining options, and a growing area that is being developed for residents and tourism.
Construction began in October 2017. A dedication of the new museum took please December 8, 2018. Follow the Chandler Museum on Facebook for exhibit updates.
- First Look Inside the Chandler Museum Scheduled to Open in December, Phoenix New Times, May 11, 2018
- 'A long time coming' for $6M Chandler Museum now under construction, Arizona Republic, November 9, 2017
- Chandler Closer to Building New Museum, KJZZ, September 12, 2017
- Chandler Museum design unveiled, touts a modern look, San Tan Sun News, April 15, 2017
- Chandler Museum design unveiled, touts a modern look, East Valley Tribune, April 8, 2017
- New Chandler Museum Plans to be Unveiled at Public Open House, San Tan Sun News, March18-31, 2017
- New Chandler Museum to take over McCullough-Price House, East Valley Tribune, August 13, 2016
Open House on Wednesday, March 22, 6 - 7:30 p.m., at the McCullough-Price House
Conceptual designs for the new Chandler Museum were unveiled to the public at a special open house. Museum staff and the project architects presented the preliminary designs and outlined the project schedule. Project architects from Weddle Gilmore were in attendance to talk to guests about the project, which has been planned for the City for nearly two decades.
Take a look at a Facebook album of photos from the Open House.