In accordance with state law, notice for all public meetings, along with agendas must be posted at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting. The City of Chandler's official posting board is located at the Chandler City Hall, 175 S. Arizona Ave., on the north side of the building. The posting board is viewable by the public 24 hours/seven days a week.
Public meeting notices are posted on the City's website. Please be advised that only the City's official posting board may be relied on for official postings under the Open Meeting Law. A technological problem or failure that either prevents the posting of public notices on a website or that temporarily or permanently prevents the use of all or part of the website does not preclude the holding of the meeting for which the notice was posted if the public body complies with all other public notice requirements. Results of any legal actions taken at the City Council meetings will be posted on the City's website within three working days of the meeting.
The Chandler City Council usually meets at 88 E. Chicago St. in the Council Chambers at 6 p.m. Should you wish to address the City Council on an issue not on the agenda, please call the City Clerk's Office at 480-782-2181.
Public comments relating to Agenda Items or Unscheduled Public Appearance Comments can be submitted on this Public Comment Form which are submitted to the City Clerk’s Office. All comments relating to the Meeting Agenda will be distributed to the City Council.
For questions, contact the City Clerk’s Office at 480-782-2181.
City Council Agendas
- City Council Meeting Agendas, Results, and Minutes
- City Council Meeting Agenda Archive
- Council Subcommittees
- City Council Meeting Minutes Archive
- City Council Quorum Notices - Week of May 24, 2021
City Council Meeting Information
- 2021 Council Meeting Schedule
- Council Rules and Procedures
- Subscribe to receive City Council and/or Planning & Zoning agendas via email
- Watch the City Council Meeting online at Chandler Channel or YouTube
- Attend in person: The Chandler City Council usually meets in the Council Chambers, 88 E. Chicago St., at 6 p.m.
- Face coverings are required in the Council Chambers for those attending City Council Meetings in person
- Addendum to Proclamation Regarding COVID-19 Pandemic
- City Limits Map (as of Mar. 26, 2021)
Signing Up to Speak
Anyone who chooses to speak before Council must sign up no later than 10 minutes prior to the start of the regular council meeting.
- Speakers may sign up by filling out a speaker card at the meeting prior to the start of the meeting.
- Be sure to arrive before the start of the regular meeting to confirm your attendance with the City Clerk.
- In lieu of speaking, written comments may be submitted to the City Clerk prior to the start time of the meeting or online at Submit a Public Comment.
Speaking to Council
- Be prepared to move quickly to the podium when your name is called to speak. Do not approach the dais.
- Begin by stating your name and your address for the record.
- You will be allowed up to three minutes to address the Council. The Mayor, at his or her discretion, may reduce the time as deemed necessary to ensure meeting efficiency.
- Comments shall be limited to the topic of the agenda item, or an item of general concern if made during the Unscheduled Public Appearance section unrelated to a posted agenda item.
- Presentations that are less than three minutes long, but to the point, are more effective with Council than long and repetitive presentations.
- If you plan to present Council with information, have the materials organized and ready to present to the City Clerk who will distribute it to Council, and begin your presentation immediately. Any information you would like to provide to Council prior to the meeting may be emailed to the City Clerk Agenda.
- Address your remarks to the whole Council, rather than to a specific member.
- Do not ask Council if anyone has questions. Council will ask you to stay at the podium if there is a question.
- The podium has a count-down clock, which will indicate how much time is remaining to speak. When the time has ended, a tone will sound and your comments should be completed.
Rules of Conduct
Residents have the right to criticize policies, procedures, programs and services, but speakers must stick to the time limits and stay on topic. Be respectful and courteous to Council, Staff, other speakers, and those in attendance at the meeting. Behavior that fails to yield the floor when the speaker's time is concluded; is not relevant to the agenda item or city business; repeatedly interrupts a Councilmember; disturbs the order of the meeting; involves loud, threatening, hostile, abusive, vulgar or obscene language; and disrupts the council meeting is prohibited. Any speaker or audience member that engages in disruptive behavior may be subject to removal from the meeting. All Councilmembers shall enforce these rules.
Persons with disabilities may request a reasonable modification or communication aids and services by contacting the City Clerk’s office at 480-782-2181 (711 via AZRS). Please make requests in advance as it affords the City time to accommodate the request.
The agenda and related supporting documentation are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer you may download this free program to view PDF files.
Formal action is taken by the public body. This meeting can include scheduled and/or unscheduled public appearances and staff presentations before action is taken.
A meeting where the public body is to hold a discussion, ask clarifying questions and gather more information from those involved with a particular item to help prepare for possible action at a regular meeting. No decisions are made nor actions are taken.
A meeting of the public body to learn more about a specific subject and provide Staff direction. No formal action is taken however a consensus of the public body provides staff direction to work towards their defined goals.