Chandler works to promote an inclusive community that values its rich diversity, history, and culture through work with the Chandler Human Relations Commission (HRC) developing diverse educational programs and events. This division also partners with all members of the Chandler community to highlight our diverse population, as well as to serve as a resource for those wanting to learn more about Chandler’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) efforts.
Priorities of the division include community events, education, advocacy & collaboration.
The 28th Annual Multicultural Festival is set for Jan. 14, 2023. We're excited to continue to promote the cultural diversity of our community through music, dance, art, storytelling and more.
Other Diversity Programs and Initiatives
- Serve as Mayor’s LGBTQ+ point of contact
- Serve as staff liaison to the Human Relations Commission and participate in regional HRC meetings
- Promote diversity concepts in schools
- Evaluate diversity issues in the organization
- Encourage collaboration among cultural organizations in Chandler
- Support Chandler’s Young Professionals Program
- Work with the Diversity Networking Group, made up of active cultural leaders, to support and promote DEI activities and events in Chandler
- Volunteer Recognition Awards
Diversity Educational Resources From Chandler Public Library
E-books and e-audiobooks, available from the Chandler Public Library, related to the topics of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice. These items were made available through the support of the Arizona State Library, Archives & Public Records, a division of the Secretary of State, with federal funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.