Chandler Municipal Court Payment and Collections

Here are answers to frequently asked questions about the Judicial Enforcement Unit (Collections) at the Chandler Municipal Courts.

What if I can't pay the day the fines/fees are imposed?
After your court appearance you must go to the Judicial Enforcement Unit (JEU). You will be required to undergo a financial review process. You will need to complete a "Defendant Financial Statement and Affidavit" (Click here to view this form as a PDF.) and then go through a screening process with one of the JEU representatives to discuss possible payment arrangements. Payment arrangements are not guaranteed. When payment arrangements are established there will be an additional $20 assessed for the one-time payment fee (A.R.S. 12-116). If you are found to have available means to pay your fines/fees in full, you will be ordered to pay them no later than 5 p.m. that day.

What if I do not pay in full or appear at JEU, the day the fines/fees are imposed?
If you do not pay in full or appear at JEU the day the fines/fees are imposed the court may issue a warrant for your arrest on criminal charges and assess an additional $125.00 warrant fee. On civil charges, the court may send a default notification to MVD requesting suspension of your driving privileges for each violation and an additional $50.00 default fee will be assessed to each violation.

I am currently on a payment plan and now have new fines/fees to pay; will my scheduled payment be increased?
It is possible that your payments may increase to accommodate the additional fines/fees assessed. The increase will be determined during the financial screening process with a JEU representative.

What if I am unable to make my scheduled payment?
If you are unable to make your scheduled payment, you must appear at JEU no later than 5 p.m. on your payment due date to request a financial review for a possible extension. You will be required to complete a new financial application and undergo the financial review process. You must appear in person to request an extension on your payment arrangements. The court requires all defendants appear in court and sign all applicable documents.

I need an extension on my payment arrangements. Am I required to complete the financial application again?
Each time an extension is requested a new financial application must be completed. This enables the court to understand what circumstances have changed since the last financial review and why the extension is being requested.

I am unable to make this month's payment. Can I double up on next month's payment to make up the missed payment?
You must appear at JEU to complete a financial application and go thru the financial review process. In the event you skip a payment and do not work out an acceptable extension with the court, you run the risk of a warrant being issued for your arrest or having your driver's license suspended.

I have a warrant for my arrest for failure to pay. Can I have my payment arrangement reset and have the warrant canceled?
You must pay in full or appear in court before a Judge before the warrant is canceled.

I had my license suspended for failure to pay. Can I have my payment arrangement reset to have my license reinstated?
You must pay in full or appear in court before a Judge to receive a clearance for your driver's license suspension.

Can someone drop off my payment for me?
Anyone can drop off your payment for you. The payment must be received by 5 p.m. on the specified due date.

Where is the court drop box for payments?
It is located outside of the entrance doors on the east wall. A second drop box is located inside the customer service lobby to the right of window #1. It is advisable to use the drop boxes when you are paying with a check, money order or cashier's check. This will help you to avoid the need to wait in line.