Working for the City of Chandler is much more than a job. The city is filled with opportunities for talented people like you to improve the community and make a difference in our residents’ lives.
When you join the Team, you’re teaming up with innovative and passionate problem-solvers. From working in a laboratory to working in a City park from finance to information technology, the diversity of job function is as varied as the diversity of the workforce. Our employees provide social services, improve infrastructure and make the City safer.
We invite you to join Team Chandler to help shape the future of Chandler.
Balance Work & Life
Everyday life can be overwhelming as you juggle work and personal responsibilities. It’s important to find the right balance and these City policies can help.
- Employees earn paid time off with more than 15 paid days off possible in the first year
- Ten City holidays
- One personal day
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
Take Care of Yourself and Your Family
Employees who serve the public enjoy stable, long-term employment with:
- Comprehensive employee benefits
- A choice of three medical plans
- Dental and Vision plans
- Life insurance policy up to $500,000
- Child care flexible spending account
- Wellness program & incentives
- On-site fitness center and classes
Build a Career
The City offers professional development classes and degree programs that can help you hone your skills and advance your career.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Discounted tuition with partner schools
- A multitude of learning and development opportunities
- Instructor-led and online employee development courses
- Career development resources
- Mentor program
The City hires the best person for the job regardless of race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, familial status, age, disability or any other protected class.
- Diversity and inclusion are cornerstones of our values at the City
- Supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and reach their full potential.
- A culture that attracts, develops and retains a diverse workforce that closely mirrors the residents of our community.
- We value the uniqueness of individual talents, experiences and ideas.
Invest in Your Future
Saving early can help you reach your retirement goals so you can maintain your current lifestyle and live your dreams. The City offers several ways to prepare for your retirement.
- Earn a competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Deferred Compensation 457(b)
- City-paid short- and long-term disability plan
- Flexible spending accounts for health care, dependent care
- City contribution to a health savings account
When we say Team Chandler, we mean it. It takes all of us doing exceptional work to create an environment where great things happen, we celebrate Team Chandler.
- Employee recognition events
- Annual City Appreciation picnics
- Discounts with a variety of network vendors
- Customer Connection survey forms
- Features on social media #CelebrateTeamChandler
Be Part of Something Big
The City of Chandler is not only a great place to work, it’s also a fantastic community to live and play.
- 4th largest City in Arizona, known as the Community of Innovation
- Just a few of the recent national accolades:
- 99% Citizen Satisfaction of Quality of Life Community Profile
- Manages 60+ parks, three recreation centers, six aquatic centers/pools