The Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center (RSWCC) is a residential drop-off facility for recycling and trash disposal. The RSWCC is approved for use by Chandler residents paying for City-provided solid waste services. This is a resident self-haul, self-unload facility only.
Standard Hours of Operation
Open: Thursday - Monday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
955 E. Queen Creek Road
Chandler, AZ 85286
Entrance is on the south side of Queen Creek Road, just west of McQueen Road.
Wait times vary based on customer usage, busy times on the weekend, and seasonally. Consider scheduling a free bulk curbside pick up for cardboard, landscaping and household trash.
Schedule a Home Bulk Pick Up
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Use of the Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center
- Only residents paying for City-provided solid waste services can bring trash or schedule appointments for household hazardous waste drop-off
- Fees (per City Code Fee Schedule) may apply to some materials (Call 480-782-3510 or click on the "Fees" tab below for details)
- Residents living in apartments, townhomes or multi-family units, incorporated in City of Chandler limits, can bring trash for a fee
- Effective Nov. 21, 2019 - Recycling materials are no longer accepted from residents on county islands and neighboring communities, nor businesses.
- Materials accepted for recycling are subject to change due to market conditions and safety concerns
Be prepared for every visit to the present:
Photo I.D.. and Current City of Chandler Utility Bill, showing City-provided solid waste service) must be presented at every visit:
- Per City Code, the City Utility Bill must be current within the last 60 days
- Residents not bringing in a current bill may be denied the use of the facility
- For faster check-in please bring a printed copy of your City Utility Bill as barcodes on mobile devices do not always scan due to glare, screen protectors, etc.
Fees - Per ton for specific waste materials. View City Fee Schedule
Alternative sites for waste disposal near Chandler are provided by private waste disposal companies.
Residents using the Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center (RSWCC - transfer facility) for recycling, trash disposal or for scheduled appointments for household hazardous waste drop-off must bring:
- Recent City of Chandler Utility Bill showing city-provided solid waste service (60 days or newer, Per City Code)
For prompt check in, bring a printed copy of bill, as barcodes on mobile devices don't always scan properly
Customers can print a copy of their utility bill using the City's utility billing system whether or not they have a registered account. Customers must know their account and customer numbers.
If you are not a registered customer and you would like to print an electronic copy of your utility bill, visit Account Login page, click "Transfer Facility Pass" on the navigation menu located on the left side, and follow instructions.
Chandler City Code, Chapter 44: Use of the Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center - Effective August 5, 2013
Authorized use of the Recycling Solid Waste Collection Center
Limited to Chandler residents, paying for City-provided solid waste service. Residents must self-haul and unload waste from their home
Documentation required when using the facility for trash disposal:
- Picture I.D.. is required
- A current City of Chandler utility bill, showing city-provided solid waste services.
Chandler multi-family residents use of this facility:
- Fee per visit View City Fee Schedule
- Current rent receipt showing Chandler residency
- Picture I.D.. is required
Blue recycling cans should not be used to haul trash or yard waste.
- Call 480-782-3510 to order a 2nd trash container, or visit Curbside Bulk Collection.
Recycling is required when using this facility (No charge except for Freon bearing items. View City Fee Schedule)
Household Hazardous Waste is accepted by appointment ONLY, call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510 to schedule.
Chandler residents, paying for City-provided solid waste services
Residents must haul and residents must unload the waste
Only trash from the Chandler residence may be brought to this facility
PROHIBITED use of the Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center includes
Contractors and/or persons performing work for Chandler residents
Contractors and/or persons escorted by a Chandler resident to this facility to unload and dispose of waste
Residents needing a third party involved to unload waste because of a physical limitation are accommodated by an Administrative policy. Call 480-782-3510 for details.
Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) TVs, projection TVs or CRT computer monitors are not accepted for recycling - Effective September 1, 2013
Residents receiving city-provided solid waste services can drop off TVs and computer monitors at the RSWCC
CRT televisions and computer monitors are disposed
Flat screen (non-CRT) TVs and monitors are recycled
Non-residents and business cannot bring CRT televisions, projection TVs or CRT computer monitors from non-residents to the RSWCC
There is a fee for the removal of Freon from air conditioning units, freezers, refrigerators, etc. Fee applies items set out for bulk collection and when dropping off Freon bearing items at the Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center.
There is a fee per trash load for Chandler multi-family residents when using the Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center.
There is a per ton fee for: dirt, gravel, rock, manure, concrete, and construction debris**
For a complete list of fees for Solid Waste Services, View City Fee Schedule.
*Fee is applicable to dirt, gravel rock, concrete waste and construction debris resulting from waste material(s) removed from resident's property associated with construction, installation, removal, demolition, remodeling, repair, etc.
The fee is waived if chargeable material weighs less than 200 lbs.
**Construction debris includes but is not limited to: household roofing, flooring, fencing, building/construction materials (wood waste, wood pallets, drywall, brick/block, railroad ties, cabinets, counter-tops, gates/doors/door frames, etc.)
Material acceptance: (1) is subject to market conditions such as material type, quantity, condition, and safety concerns.; (2) may be limited to Chandler solid waste ratepayers; and (3) may require payment.
Use of this facility requires dropping off recycling materials is designated areas separate from trash.
When loading vehicles or trailers to haul to the Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center, separating recycled items is recommended.
Vehicles are inspected for accepted recyclables and prohibited waste.
Chandler residents living at an address incorporated within City limits may only bring the following items:
Cardboard - Required to be emptied if containing waste, for recycling
Bikes (bicycles are reused and recycled)
Tires (Accepted: standard auto & p/u truck - TIRES MUST BE DE-RIMMED)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ACCEPTANCE OF TIRES IS LIMITED TO 5 TIRES PER MONTH FROM A CHANDLER ADDRESS INCORPORATED WITHIN CITY LIMITS
Scrap metal items, large appliances
IMPORTANT NOTICE: FREON BEARING APPLIANCES ARE ONLY ACCEPTED FROM A CHANDLER ADDRESS INCORPORATED WITHIN CITY LIMITS
Computers, printers and other household electronics NO CRT TVs, PROJECTION TVs or CRT COMPUTER MONITORS (Cathode tube monitors)
Paper, cardboard, aluminum and steel food and beverage cans, plastic bottles, jugs and small containers
Gently used items with resale value - Trash to Treasure Program
Only Chandler residents paying for City Solid Waste Services may bring the following items:
- Broken, non-repairable furniture
- Yard tree trimmings
- Wood, lumber materials - Per ton fee. View City Fee Schedule
- Household construction debris - Per ton fee. View City Fee Schedule
- Household trash
- Dead domestic animals - 75 lbs. or less
- For regulatory compliance, to reduce fugitive dust concerns when transporting and disposing of same, loads must be sprayed wet and covered with a tarp.
Non-residents and businesses can click here for information about the nearest alternative disposal location.
- Medical waste (bio-hazard)
- Liquid waste (oil, paint, household chemicals, etc.)
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Septic tank waste
- Industrial waste
- Auto bodies and engines
- Commercial trash or green waste