Effective March 6, 2017
If you have alley trash collection, please call customer service for your trash collection days.
You can also find your collection days and set reminders on the free Recycle Coach.
- Trash and recycling is collected between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Though it may seem the truck arrives about the same time every week, there is no specific scheduled time for trash or recycling containers to be emptied.
- Time of collection varies due to truckload capacity, traffic, weather, route changes, road construction and street or utility maintenance.
- To ensure collection service is not interrupted, have your can at the curb with the lid closed by 6 a.m. on your day of collection or after 6 p.m. the evening before your collection day.
- Remove your container from the curb no later than 9 a.m. the day after collection.
If you believe your container was missed, check your neighbors’ cans to see if the collection truck has been by yet. If your can was the only one not collected, leave the container at the curb and call customer service early the next business day. If your collection day is Friday, call by 3 p.m.
The missed collection is verified by container inspections on a street and reviewing GPS tracking the route and the stops made by a collection truck on a street.
- Set container on street against the curb
- Do not block the sidewalk
- Container lid should close completely
- Do NOT block the sidewalk for pedestrian use
- Place container at least 3 ft. from:
- Other containers
- Parked vehicles
- Mailboxes, street signs and light poles
- Items placed on top or next to container will not be collected
Do not place the following items in your trash or recycling container. Call 480-782-3510 for disposal options.
- Dirt and rock*
- Household construction and demolition debris*
- Liquid Waste
- Hazardous Waste (includes paint, varnish, pool chemicals, gasoline, and other household hazardous material)**
- Batteries, other than small alkaline batteries**
- Medical Waste
- Vehicle bodies
- Ammunition (contact Police Department
- Scrap Metal*
- Livestock or dead domestic (animals under 75 can be hauled to Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center)
- Septic waste