Solid Waste Services is part of the Public Works & Utilities Department and is accountable for providing safe, cost-effective and efficient solid waste programs and services to the citizens of Chandler.
These programs and services include residential curbside collection of refuse (black cans) and recyclables (blue can), plus scheduled bulk collection and household hazardous waste disposal. The Division operates the Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center and has an extensive public outreach program to heighten awareness of its programs and the importance of recycling.
Labor Day - Monday, Sept. 6
Trash and recycling are collected on this holiday. The Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center will be closed Monday, Sept. 6. Operations will resume on Thursday, Sept. 9 at 8 a.m.
Solid Waste Services is experiencing a slight increase in inquiries about a missed collection of trash and recycling containers.
Please note the following...
- Trash and recycling is collected between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Though it may seem the truck arrives about the same time every week, there is no specific scheduled time for trash or recycling containers to be emptied.
- Time of collection varies due to truckload capacity, traffic, weather, route changes, road construction and street or utility maintenance.
- To ensure collection service is not interrupted, have your can at the curb by 6 a.m. on your day of collection or after 6 p.m. the evening before your collection day.
- Missed collection is verified by container inspections on a street, and reviewing GPS tracking the route and the stops made by a collection truck on a street.
View calendar with the collection days for your address:
- Select "View Schedule" under "Find My Collection Days"
- Enter your address. Only has to be done once for each computer you use.
- Look for black (trash) and blue (recycle) can icons on your collection days.
- Please note some areas may have both alley and curbside trash collection on different days. Refer to the type of collection at your address.
Sign Up to receive the free quarterly Solid Waste Services newsletter, ReNews, right in your inbox. Learn about upcoming events, holiday collection schedules, recycling tips, and recycling and trash services offered by the City.
Give Us Your Feedback! - Call 480-782-3510 or send us an e-mail and your comments will be routed to the appropriate staff for follow up! Solid Waste Services takes pride in serving our community! We strive to continuously improve our programs and services. Your constructive feedback for improvement, along with your ideas for new programs and services is VALUED!
Please note: Services CANNOT be scheduled via email.