Solid Waste Services is part of the Public Works & Utilities Department and is accountable for providing safe, cost-effective and efficient solid waste programs and services to the citizens of Chandler.
These programs and services include residential curbside collection of refuse (black cans) and recyclables (blue can), plus scheduled bulk collection and household hazardous waste disposal. The Division operates the Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center and has an extensive public outreach program to heighten awareness of its programs and the importance of recycling.
Environmental Art Contest
Each year, 4th-grade students in Chandler are invited to enter Chandler's Environmental Art Contest promoting solid waste recycling, water conservation and stormwater pollution prevention.
Deadline for entries is March 8, 2019.
Presidents Day is Monday, February 18
Recycling and trash are collected on Monday, February 18. If Monday is your scheduled collection day, place your container at the curb on Monday by 6 a.m. or after 6 p.m. on Sunday evening.
Solid Waste Services is experiencing a slight increase in inquiries about a missed collection of trash and recycling containers.
Please note the following...
- Trash and recycling is collected between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Though it may seem the truck arrives about the same time every week, there is no specific scheduled time for trash or recycling containers to be emptied.
- Time of collection varies due to truckload capacity, traffic, weather, route changes, road construction and street or utility maintenance.
- To ensure collection service is not interrupted, have your can at the curb by 6 a.m. on your day of collection or after 6 p.m. the evening before your collection day.
- Missed collection is verified by container inspections on a street, and reviewing GPS tracking the route and the stops made by a collection truck on a street.
Two ways to find your collection days:
1) View map
2) View calendar with the collection days for your address:
Click on "View Schedule" under "Find My Collection Days"
Enter your address (Only has to be done once for each computer you use)
Look for black (trash) and blue (recycle) can icons on your collection days
Sign Up to receive the free quarterly Solid Waste Services newsletter, ReNews, right in your inbox. Learn about upcoming events, holiday collection schedules, recycling tips, and recycling and trash services offered by the City.
Frequently Asked Questions: Recycling and Solid Waste - Have a question? The answer may be a click away!
Give Us Your Feedback! - Call 480-782-3510 or send us an e-mail and your comments will be routed to the appropriate staff for follow up! Solid Waste Services takes pride in serving our community! We strive to continuously improve our programs and services. Your constructive feedback for improvement, along with your ideas for new programs and services is VALUED!
Please note: Services CANNOT be scheduled via email.