Chandler Municipal Airport (CHD) is just 18 miles southeast of Sky Harbor International Airport and offers trouble-free access to anywhere in the region. An excellent business airport, it also is a base for charter, transport and sightseeing excursions, and is home to world-class training institutions.
With more than 200,000 operations this year, it is among the nation’s busiest general aviation airports. CHD’s location is well-situated for easy travel to southwestern U.S. markets and beyond. At the airport, Chandler Municipal offers access to air transportation services and facilities to house aviation-related businesses, which makes it an excellent choice for the growth of your company for both corporate aircraft owners and business activity.
A master plan has been initiated for CHD to provide proper guidance for existing and future development, which will satisfy aviation demands while maintaining compatibility with the surrounding environment and community. Specific master plan objectives for Chandler Municipal Airport are:
- Maintain and ensure safety and security for the airport.
- Plan for phased, incremental development that meets foreseeable aviation demand and maintains flexibility for change.
- Produce Airport Layout Plan (ALP) drawings consistent with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) standards that can be utilized in determining grant eligibility and funding.
Project Duration: July 20, 2020 to Oct. 11, 2020
Project Hotline: 480-898-4060
Work will take place on the east side of Airport Boulevard north of Queen Creek Road from July 27 to Aug. 28, while crews rehabilitate sewer manholes in this area with the following restrictions:
- Phase 1: Beginning July 27, for approximately 3-4 weeks, northbound Airport Blvd. will be CLOSED from Queen Creek Road to Aviation Drive
- Phase 2: Following Phase 1, Northbound Airport Boulevard will be CLOSED from Queen Creek Road to the southern-most driveway on Airport Boulevard for approximately 1-2 weeks.
- During Phases 1 and 2, southbound Airport Blvd. will remain open for travel and business access will be maintained on the west side of Airport Boulevard. Access to the parking lot and hangars on the east side of Airport Boulevard will also be maintained.
- Phases 3A & 3B: Following Phases 1 and 2, in approximately late September, work will take place in Airport Blvd. between Germann Road and Aviation Drive. This work will require a closure of either north or south bound traffic for 2-3 days each, and message boards will be placed 48-hours prior to start of work
If you have any questions pertaining to the project, please call the project hotline number at 480-898-4060.
Issued April 7, 2020: In an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19, Governor Doug Ducey issued an Executive Order to increase quarantine guidelines for out-of-state travelers entering Arizona. Under the Executive Order, anyone who travels to Arizona from an area with substantial community spread through any airport in the state must isolate or quarantine themselves upon arrival for 14 days.
The City of Chandler hereby announces the Chandler Municipal Airport Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program Goals & Methodology for Federal Fiscal Year 2020- 2022.
The proposed Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Report is available for 30-day review beginning, Jan. 2, 2020, at:
City of Chandler
Public Works Department
Capital Projects Division Information Desk
215 E. Buffalo St., Chandler, Arizona 85225
Chandler Municipal Airport
2380 S. Stinson Way
Chandler, AZ 85286
The document will be available for review from Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS - AIRPORT IMPROVEMENTS FFY 2020 – 2022 OVERALL GOALS (§26.45)
Section 26.45: Overall DBE Three-Year Goal Calculation
Chandler Municipal Airport is the sole airport owned and operated by the City.
The overall goal for the period of Federal Fiscal Years (FFYs) 2020-2022 (Oct. 1, 2020 to Sept. 30, 2022) is 8.75 percent of the Federal financial assistance the Chandler Municipal Airport will expend on DOT/FAA-assisted contracts with DBE contractors.
DOT/FAA-assisted contract amount:
FFY 2020 $-0-
FFY 2021 $4,547,806
FFY 2022 $2,881,500
Overall Three-Year Goal:
To be accomplished through 0% Race/Gender Conscious (RC) and 8.75% Race/Gender Neutral (RN).
Total dollar amount to be expended on DBEs:
Given the dollar amount of DOT/FAA-assisted contracts, the City, expects to let during the next three fiscal years, they have set a goal of expending $650,064 with DBEs during those years. However, the actual dollar amount spent may be +/- depending on the successful bid(s) submitted and the actual DBE goal achieved at project closeout.
The City of Chandler will accept comments on the DBE goals and methodology for 30 days from the date of this publication. Comments can be sent to:
Janece Ray, Airport DBE Administrator (DBELO)
City of Chandler
Public Works and Utilities Department
Capital Projects Division
Mail Stop 407
P.O. Box 4008
Chandler, AZ 85244-4008
Federal Aviation Administration
Attn: Mr. Alexander Horton
DBE/ACDBE Compliance Specialist, Eastern Region & Arizona
Office of Civil Rights- ACR-4 Federal Aviation Administration
Certificate Management Office (CMO-29)
2895 SW 145th Ave, Suite #291
Miramar, FL 33027