Gather your lil’ ghosts and goblins and trick-or-treat your way through Downtown Chandler where you’ll enjoy a family night filled with spirited fun. From concocting creepy crafts to smashing scary piñatas, to soaring through the night in inflatable jumpers; we’ve got a boo-nanza of spooky shenanigans that are sure to delight ghouls and boos of all ages. Admission into the park is free.
Dr. A.J. Chandler Park
If you’ve got it haunt it. Costume contest registration begins at 5:30 p.m. on event night and closes promptly at 6:15 p.m. or when space is full in each age division. There is a 25 participant max for each Age Division and a 15 participant max for the Family/Group Division.
For those looking to satisfy a sweet tooth, stroll through Spooktacular’s Truck-of-Treat. It’s the place to be. With candy stations featuring more than 300 lbs. of tricked-out treats, you’ll want to bring a bag to carry home your Halloween haul!
Spooky shenanigans fill the park giving party-goers the chance to win eek-citing prizes. Be sure to visit favorites like the Scary Piñatas, Cemetery Pumpkin Pass, and Witches Broom Races.
Ghosts, goblins, princess, and superheroes of all kind can prowl through all the free games for sweet treats of candy and frightening rewards.
- Cemetery Pumpkin Pass
- Scary Piñatas
- Witches Broom Races
- Skee Ball
- Spooky Carnival Games
- Cupcake Walk
- And much more!
Please bring a trick-or-treat bags to collect goodies.
- Mummy Dog Tags
- Reflective Spider Wristbands
- Reflective Halloween pins
- Grab the family and take a photo of your special night.
- The Mayor’s Youth Commission provides festive scenery for the entire family to snap away.
- Souvenir pictures are available for $3.
- Need a scary character to complete your costume? Stop by and get your cheek, arm, or hand-painted with a festive Halloween character.
- The Mayor’s Youth Commission provides budding artists to spread the Halloween spirit to all the little witches and ghouls walking around.
- Face Painting is available for $2.
- Enjoy tricked-out treats, as you make your way through our decorated Trunk-or-Treat stations. Be sure to bring a bag to carry home your Halloween haul.
Little Monsters Bounce - For Kids 5 years old and under only
- Things are sure to go bump in the night at Little Monsters Bounce. Mini monsters (ages 5 and under) can soar through the evening as they enjoy inflatable jumpers.
- Shoes will need to be removed to access inflatable jumpers.
- Any and all sharp items (i.e. masks, costume accessories, etc.) will need to be removed before entering inflatable jumpers.
Costume Contest Format
- Contest Begins at 6:45 p.m.
- On-site Registration is Required
- Participation is FREE
- Age and Judging Categories
- Maximum of 25 participants per Age Divisions
- Maximum of 15 participants for Family/Group Division
- Anyone wishing to participate in the Costume Contest must register at the event
- Registration begins on-site at 5:30 p.m. on event night
- Registration closes on-site at 6:15 p.m. or when spaces in an age division are full
All divisions will be divided by age and not costume or gender. All costumes will be competing against each other, regardless of the genre or gender. Contestants in divisions 0-3, 4-5, and 6-7 are allowed one adult chaperon. Chaperons are able to escort participants through the division line and onto the stage.
- 0-3 Years Old
- 4-5 Years Old
- 6-7 Years Old
- 8-10 Years Old
- 11+ Years Old
- Best/Group Family
- Maximum of 25 participants per Age Division.
- Maximum of 15 participants for the Family/Group Division.
- All participants must register to enter the contest.
- Contestants in divisions 0-3, 4-5, and 6-7 are allowed one adult chaperon. Chaperons are able to escort participants through the division line and onto the stage.
- No strollers will be allowed in the costume contest area.
- No vulgar, offensive, or inappropriate costumes will be admitted into the contest. Costume Contest officials have the final say on the eligibility of any costume in question.
- Contestants will be judged on the details, difficulty, and originality of their costumes.
- Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in an age division.
- Best Overall prize will be given in the Best Family/Group division.
Delicious food, snack and beverage options will be available for sale during the event. For those who need a quick bite while participating in all the fun, stop by and pick up a tasty treat to keep your little gobblins happy.
- Chandler Kiwanis Club “Willie Dog Cart”
- All beef grilled Hot Dogs and Brats
- Kettle Corn
- Soda, Water and Lemonade
- Jasperz Island Fusion Cuisine
- Fresh Cut Fries
- Jerk Chicken Tacos
The Halloween Spooktacular is continually seeking interested individuals, organizations, and companies who want to sponsor our great festival with either in-kind services or monetary donations. The benefits of being a sponsor range from on-stage logo recognition and announcements during the festival to name and/or logo recognition on flyers, posters, postcards, websites, press releases, festival programs, and much more. Benefits vary based on sponsorship levels.
The City of Chandler welcomes participation from all of its citizens. To request an accommodation due to a disability please allow five (5) days prior to the scheduled event. Contact the City's Special Event Coordinator at 480-782-2665 (or 711 via AZ Relay Service) or email@example.com.