The information below pertains to the 2022 City of Chandler Candidate Election.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a candidate in the 2022 City of Chandler Election. This information is an important first step in the election process and has been prepared to provide you with information and candidate requirements for the 2022 City Council Election.
While every effort is made to provide a comprehensive overview of the election process for the City of Chandler, this candidate information and the noted resources are provided with the understanding that City Clerk staff cannot render legal or financial advice. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that all legal requirements have been met.
The City of Chandler appreciates your interest in the election process. If you need assistance during the nomination petition period or throughout the election process, please feel free to contact the City Clerk’s Office at 480-782-2182; or email the Chandler City Clerk, Dana DeLong.
|Please note that the Chandler City Clerk serves as the filing officer for all local election forms. All forms must be filed with the Chandler City Clerk’s Office within the deadlines noted in the statutes. Candidates are encouraged to refer to the Arizona State Constitution, the Arizona Revised Statutes, the Chandler City Charter, and Chandler City Code for legal requirements pertaining to candidates for elective office.|
To be eligible to serve on the Chandler City Council you must:
- Be a qualified elector of the City
- Be a resident of the City or an annexed area for at least two years immediately preceding the election, and
- Hold no other elected public office or be a City employee
The following nomination procedures must be performed.
Before collecting any signatures the Candidate Statement of Interest must be filed with the City Clerk's Office.
Nomination Petition Signature Requirements
At least 1,000 and not more than 3,657 signatures of qualified registered voters of the City of Chandler is required.
Nomination Petition Filing Period
The nomination petition filing period begins 8 a.m. on Monday, March 7, 2022, and ends no later than 5 p.m. Monday, April 4, 2022.
The following paperwork must be filed during the nomination filing period:
- Nomination Petitions containing at least 1,000 valid signatures
- Nomination Paper including Declaration of Qualification
- Financial Disclosure Statement
E-QUAL Online Petition Portal
The City of Chandler is using the Arizona Secretary of State’s E-QUAL system to enable candidates to collect nomination petition signatures online. Interested candidates may create an online account and create a nomination petition at Arizona Online Petition Portal.
Please follow the instructions found in the “E-QUAL CANDIDATE GUIDE” (PDF)
View a video demonstrating how to set up a candidate portal via E-QUAL.
Forms and Resources
- Candidate Information Packet
- Candidate Statement of Interest
- Campaign Finance Report Form
- Campaign Contribution Limits, 2021 to 2022 Election Cycle
- Termination Statement Form
- Statement of Organization
- Arizona Secretary of State Campaign Finance Guide – Candidate Committees