Chandler Fire Department is happy to schedule tours of our fire stations, training center and headquarters. We can also provide truck and equipment displays at events (as schedules permit).
Station and Facility Tours
Station tours last approximately 30 minutes and include viewing the fire engine, firefighter equipment, fire gear, emergency medical equipment, living quarters, and a short presentation concerning fire safety.
Tour Criteria and Information
- Tours may be scheduled between 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
- Firefighters have a busy schedule so tours should be scheduled as far in advance as possible. This allows us a greater opportunity to accommodate the date and time of your request.
- Groups should be no larger than 25 persons including children and adults. There must be one adult chaperone for every five children. Children under the age of 3 may be frightened by the noises and surroundings and typically do not understand the tour information. The majority of the children must be older than 4 years old.
- Please understand your tour may be interrupted. Fire stations must remain "in-service" during the tour and the firefighters may need to respond to emergencies. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. If your tour is interrupted by an emergency call, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule your visit.
- If firefighters are not at the station when your group arrives, they are out on an emergency call. We recommend you wait 15 minutes for their return. If they do not return in that time, it will be necessary to reschedule your tour.
- You are welcome to tour a fire station but may not hold parties at the facility. Please do not bring food or drinks into the fire station during tours.
- Carpooling groups to the fire station is encouraged due to a very limited number of parking spaces. Street parking is not available at many fire stations.