In collaboration with Mesa United Way, the VITA program provides free tax preparation to low- and moderate-income taxpayers, the elderly, and those with disabilities.
Chandler’s 2019 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program helped 2,832 low- to moderate-income families, including elderly and disabled individuals claim more than $2.5 million in tax refunds for the 2018 tax year. The refunds may not have been received without the help of more than 60 dedicated volunteers who invested thousands of hours assisting these families.
2020 Tax Preparation Sites
Chandler’s free tax preparation service dates are Jan. 27 - April 14, 2020. Services are provided to those whose income is less than $56,000 in 2019 -- and are offered on a first come, first serve a basis with priority given to those needing special accommodations.
What to Bring to a VITA Site
- Valid photo ID for you, your spouse, and all dependents
- Social Security or ITIN cards for all family members
- Wage & earning statements
(Form W2 & 1099-MISC)
- Interest & dividend statements
- Affordable Care Act statements
- Social Security (SSA-1099) and Pensions (1099-R)
- Education statements (1099-T) and expenses
- Unemployment (1099-G) statements
- Deductions (donations, home interest, property tax, medical expenses) for those able to itemize
- Qualified contributions to AZ schools and non-profits
- Daycare statements with provider’s tax ID number
- Bank Routing/Account Number for Direct Deposit
- Copy of last year’s tax return (if available)
- If filing joint, both you and your spouse must be present to sign the return