Recycling and trash containers are collected weekly.
To ensure collection service is not interrupted, have your container at the curb by 6 a.m. on your day of collection, or after 6 p.m. the evening before your collection day. Remove your container from the curb no later than 9 a.m. the day after collection. For questions about recycling or trash collection, call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510.
Veterans Day | Nov. 11
City offices will be closed Monday, Nov. 11 for Veterans Day. Trash and recycling will be collected as usual on Monday, Nov. 11.
The Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center (RSWCC) will be closed on Monday, Nov. 11, in observance of Veterans Day, resuming operations on Thursday, Nov. 14 at 8 a.m.
Effective March 6, 2017
Tips for Container Placement to ensure your service is not interrupted:
- Place container in the street by 6 a.m. on your scheduled collection day. Container lid should close completely
- DO NOT block the sidewalk for pedestrian use
- DO NOT place your container near parked vehicles
- DO NOT place items on top of or next to the container
- DO NOT place your container near permanent structures, such as mailboxes or street light poles
- Remove your container from the curb by 9 a.m. no later than the day following collection (Per Chandler City Code, Chapter 44)
DO NOT place the following material in your recycling or trash containers:
- Dirt, rock, concrete, tile, construction debris
- Hot ashes (cigarette paraphernalia, hot coals and/or wood)
- Motor oil, gasoline, antifreeze, Kerosene
- Paint, varnish, pesticides or other household chemicals
- Auto batteries, rechargeable NiCad or Lithium batteries.
- Liquid cooking oil from fryer.
How do I properly dispose of these materials?
Household waste containing warning labels describing the waste as Toxic, Reactive, Ignitable or Corrosive are accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center by appointment only. For more information call Solid Waste Customer Service at 480-782-3510.