In Chandler, innovation and entrepreneurship are at the core of who we are. From welcoming self-driving vehicles to creating an environment where semiconductor and aerospace companies develop pioneering technologies, the City has a long history of embracing and fostering business growth.
Drive through one of the City’s employment corridors and you’ll see plenty of big-name corporations on large campuses. Take a closer look and you’ll also find thriving, homegrown companies, exciting startups and an entrepreneurial ecosystem that encourages new business ventures. Together, these ingredients make Chandler a true Community of Innovation.
Here are five facts about entrepreneurship in Chandler.
1. Chandler Supports One-of-a-Kind Business Incubation
Chandler supports early-stage companies through its City-funded business incubator, Chandler Innovations. Designed to create a culture of startup support throughout Chandler, the incubator provides entrepreneurs with free programming and services to help build scalable, profitable businesses. Resources include one-on-one business coaching, hands-on workshops and specialized support from a broad network of mentors.
Entrepreneurs in Chandler have access to state-of-the-art coworking facilities that provide members with access to dynamic workspaces, cutting-edge amenities and valuable networking opportunities.
For example, the ASU Chandler Innovation Center (ACIC) is an innovative partnership between the City of Chandler and Arizona State University. Inside the ACIC is the Chandler makerspace, an ASU-run community resource lab that houses equipment such as 3D printers, laser cutters, vinyl cutters, sewing machines, a woodshop, a panel saw and more. The facility also houses the Chandler Innovations business incubator, which features an open workspace available to local entrepreneurs.
Additional opportunities for coworking in Chandler include:
- Workuity – Workuity offers sophisticated workspaces that combine the community and connectivity of a coworking facility with the flexibility entrepreneurs need to grow their businesses.
- Gangplank – Gangplank creative workspaces offer a true start-up environment for entrepreneurs looking for a culture of collaboration rather than competition.
- The Forum – The Forum is a community built from collaboration and one that values all types of workstyles. With a variety of rooms and spaced offered, this coworking space allows entrepreneurs, startups, nonprofits and remote workers the ability to grow their business and entertain in one place.
- Palette Collective – Palette Collective is an innovative studio coworking concept offering customizable spaces for entrepreneurs in the hair, beauty, food, beverage and retail industries.
3. Startups Are Thriving Here
A wide range of businesses have their roots in Chandler, many of which have taken advantage of the City’s resources for startups and entrepreneurs to help them get off the ground. Below are just a few companies that began their journeys in Chandler:
- Skynetwest –Skynetwest provides highly detailed geospatial and infrastructure data for engineers and mapping professionals. Its vision is to set a new standard in providing safe, fast, and accurate data retrieval and asset digitization for mapping and infrastructure.
- JobDocs – JobDocs is the mobile solution to organize and keep track of your job-related documents including licenses, certifications, and continuing education hours. The secure app organizes documents and notifies you when they are about to expire.
- AniCell BioTech – AniCell extends the ACTIVE life of animals by recycling amniotic material to create an all-natural regenerative treatment for veterinarians to treat tissue related injuries in animals. The products serve as an addition or alternative to other forms of animal wound management.
- MST Solutions – MST Solutions is an Inc. 5000 company that helps businesses effectively reach their clients through a custom software customer relationship management (CRM) solution. Their solutions assist organizations looking to operate at their prime functionality.
- Execute to Win – Execute to Win (ETW) is a consulting company that helps organizations improve alignment — through intentional leadership, strategy, execution and culture — to drive better results.
- Arizona Nutritional Supplements – Arizona Nutritional Supplements brings a higher level of quality and service to contract and private-label manufacturing. Today, ANS serves some of the industry’s largest and most-respected customers in the nutritional supplement business.
- City of Chandler — The City of Chandler offers entrepreneurs a step-by-step guide to starting a business. In the small business guide, you will find a checklist for creating a business plan, information on available funding sources and the requirements that need to be met for starting a business in Chandler. The City also helps entrepreneurs navigate the property development and permit processes through the Business Location Team.
- Chandler Chamber of Commerce – The Chandler Chamber of Commerce’s mission is to support business and the community by providing vital programs and services to attract and retain businesses while embracing diversity.
- Greater Phoenix Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) – SCORE is a community of volunteers dedicated to helping thousands of entrepreneurs start small businesses and achieve new levels of success in their existing businesses.
- Maricopa Small Business Development Center (SBDC) – The SBDC offers a range of courses, training, resources, programs and business advisors to help entrepreneurs launch start-ups and small businesses throughout the greater Phoenix area.
- SBA Arizona — The SBA Arizona is one of the nation’s go-to resources and voice for the small business community which provides counseling, capital, and contracting expertise to entrepreneurs and small business owners.
The City of Chandler and its partners host a variety of annual and one-time events focused on entrepreneurship and accelerating small business growth. Just a few upcoming events include:
- Global Entrepreneurship Week: Nov. 18-22, 2019
- Phoenix East Valley Startup Week: Feb. 10-14, 2020
- Small Business Workshop Series: March 2020
- The Startup Connection: Sept. 2020
For more information on upcoming events, visit Economic Development News & Events.
The City’s Economic Development Division promotes Chandler as a preferred business location and tourism destination, but the proof is in the numbers. Whether you’re launching a business, expanding or considering location options, the team can provide the help you need. Contact the staff directly at 480-782-3030.