What adventure awaits you? Designed for youth and young adults, ages 5-21 with developmental disabilities, Camp Challenge offers an inclusive month jam-packed with daily summer camp adventures.
Summer 2020 Canceled
June 15 – July 2 | Monday thru Thursday
8:30 a.m. – Noon
Chandler Community Center
$45 Resident | $61 Non-resident | Per Week
Steer your camper towards a fast-paced adventure at The Pitstop. Designed for participants ages 6 to 22, campers enjoy a fun-fueled morning of games, socials, and crafts. With a maximum of 40 kids per weekly session (8 campers per camp room), summer staff is able to keep imaginations in constant motion.
The Pitstop Program Details:
- Registration opens June 1. Campers may choose to sign-up for one, two, or all three weeks of the program.
- Snack is provided each day.
- Campers will be dismissed promptly at noon; no lunch is offered.
- Participants may bring only a water bottle and no personal belongings to camp. Cell phones permitted.
- There are no swimming or field trips.
- Campers must be picked-up and dropped-up in the Chandler Community Center Parking Circle. Staff will greet and escort participants to their camp room.
- Participants will be required to wash their hands at least once every hour. Campers will stay in their assigned rooms for the duration of each day.
- Each room will be cleaned thoroughly before and after the program each day. Campers must be able to practice and follow physical distancing guidelines as recommended by the CDC. This includes, but is not limited to: no high-fives, handshakes, hugs, holding hands, or hanging onto others for any reason. Campers who may have difficulty adhering to these guidelines are encouraged to see other summer opportunities.
- If your camper is not feeling well for any reason we ask that they stay home until they are cleared to return safety.
For additional information, feel free to contact us.
Pitstop Parent Guide
Get the inside scoop on this summer's exciting curriculum. Plus, you'll find all the information you need to prepare your child for camp.
Summer just wouldn’t be the same without the excitement and adventure of Camp Challenge programs. For more than a decade, kids throughout the East Valley have come together with our trained, licensed staff for a summer full of water fun, games, arts and crafts, sports and outdoor discovery.
Each week is designed to entice kids with their favorite activities, engage them in weekly challenges and themes, and entertain them with new buddies, dedicated staff and silly surprises scattered throughout summer. Adventure-seeking campers build character and new friendships through our high-quality specialty camp.
Adventure awaits your camper this summer. Discover the nurturing environment of Camp Challenge: where campers learn, grow and play.
Our Supervisory Staff are among the most experienced in the field and highly engaged with every child. Camp Challenge Counselors are emerging professionals in the fields of special education, social work, psychology, or related areas. Each staff member is chosen, not only because of experience, but also because of their kindness, patience, and commitment to children with special challenges.
Love camp and want to give back? Embrace the exceptional, experience an unmatched professional opportunity, and make a difference in the lives of children with special needs. Applications are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis. We encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible. Phone and Skype interviews are available. For questions, please contact our Program Coordinator.